Ch. 9: Dinner At The Todoroki House

(After a few hours since the end of the festival, you meet up with both Dabi and Shoto to leave to the Todoroki house. Fuyumi informs Endeavor that they'll be coming over tonight, and she plans to prepare dinner with Natsuo at the house. Meanwhile, Shoto has plans to see if mother will be joining us for tonight)

Shoto: (Speaks to Endeavor) Hey, Dad. Would it be alright if Dabi, Y/N, and I head over to see if mother is willing to join us for tonight?

Endeavor: (Nods) You may, but I'm not sure if she'll agree to it. But, it will be nice if the entire family can join. Even your friends will be joining us too.

(Shoto thanks and nods to his father before the three of you leave to meet up with Rei. During your time heading there, you're all conversating about the battles at the festival, and Dabi says something regarding Monoma)

Dabi: (Laughs) So much for being better than Class 1-A, am I right?

Shoto: While he does have great skills and intellect, he also likes to mouth off sometimes. Even Kendo gets irritated with it and just knocks him to sleep. She could be his big sister for all I know.

Dabi: (Emits blue fire at his palm) I wonder how good his copying can be against me. Perhaps he could copy mine, but I'm not so surprised he can't copy yours, Y/N. After all, it's not a quirk, and to add, you're not from our world. (Chuckles)

(Rei looks out the window, only to see you, Shoto, and Dabi approaching at the distance. She is happy to see Shoto, but is a little frightened to see you and Dabi accompanying him. You all are at the entrance door, and Dabi notices something interesting about this place)

Dabi: This is a psychiatric ward. Why would mother be in here?

Y/N: Ever since your father's actions, she developed a form of mental instability. Because of this, she was the one who accidentally injured Shoto's face, causing a scar on him.

Dabi: I see. Do you think she'll be okay meeting us if that's the case?

Shoto: I believe so. Fuyumi and Natsuo did say she's been feeling much better, but still afraid to return home because of father.

(You all ask to meet up with Rei Todoroki, with Shoto to vouch for you. You're all taken to meet Rei, and upon seeing her, she gives a smile to Shoto)

Rei: I'm so happy to see you, my son. (Looks down in sadness) I'm sorry, for what I did to you at home. I didn't mean to.

Shoto: It's alright, mother. I forgive you.

(Rei gives Shoto a hug before she stops and looks at you and Dabi)

Rei: Hey, Shoto?

Shoto: Yes?

Rei: Who are these two?

(You and Dabi walk in and sit on empty chairs. Shoto points to Dabi and wants to tell him who he truly is)

Shoto: Mother...This is-

(Shoto stops as he sees her mother gasping with her hands covering her mouth, and that's when Shoto realizes Rei is slowly recognizing him despite the change in appearance)

Rei: (Smiles and cries) A mother's intuition never lies....Toya.

(Dabi is surprised to hear his mother calling him by his true name, and he wonders why)

Dabi: How? How did you know I was Dabi?

Rei: The moment I got one good look at you, even though your hair is a different color, the moment I saw your face, I was hit with a recognition. My gut told me you never truly died, and now, (crying) here you are, coming to see me.