𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖Wait a second

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
Wait a second.
No one else is going to deal
with the fact that Cap just said "language?"
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

ANNOUNCER
[announcement over speaker, set over Wanda and Pietro holding hands] Report to your stations immediately. This is not a drill. We are under attack. We are under attack.

[the Avengers are in the process of infiltrating a HYDRA base in Sokovia, making their way through the woods and fighting soldiers]

TONY
[Tony, flying up to the base in his suit, hits a forcefield.] Shit!

STEVE
Language! JARVIS, what's the view from upstairs?

JARVIS
The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken.

THOR
Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last.

[Natasha knocks out some soldiers]

NATASHA
"At long last" is lasting a little long, boys.

CLINT
[as some soldiers shoot at him] Yeah. I think we lost the element of surprise.

PHOENIX
Wait a second. No one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "language?"

"So that's how that joke made." Bucky said and everyone nodded, "Yup."

[Phoenix freezes some of the soldiers]

STEVE
I know. [Steve throws his bike at some soldiers driving up in their truck] It just slipped out.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

[at the HYDRA Research Base, Sokovia, Eastern Europe]

STRUCKER
Who gave the order to attack?

FRRTRESS SOLDIER
Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers.

OTHER FORTREE SOLDIER
They landed in the far woods, the perimeter guard panicked.

STRUCKER
[to List] They have to be after the scepter. [to the soldier] Can we hold them?

FORTRESS SOLDIER
They're the Avengers!

STRUCKER
Deploy the rest of the tanks.

FORTRESS SOLDIER
Yes, sir.

STRUCKER
Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks. [talking to Dr. List] Everything we've accomplished... But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough.