𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖It'll be okay, Wanda

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
It'll be okay, Wanda.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

INT. APARTMENT - SOKOVIA - 1999 - NIGHT It's a humble apartment: a tattered couch in the middle, a boxy TV atop a worn dresser. The wallpaper is stained and peeling. A white crocheted tablecloth covers the dining table, and a small bed is wedged between it and the kitchen stove. The room is drab, but clearly loved. Agatha, Phoenix, and Wanda stand together. Wanda is reeling. Agatha has her hands on her hips, mildly annoyed. And Phoenix is looking around.

AGATHA
Charming. Love the Cold War aesthetic. But why are we here?

The apartment door OPENS. A sharp inhalation from Wanda. OLEK MAXIMOFF enters, lugging two suitcases in from the cold.

"Papa." Wanda whispered and Pietro grabbed Wanda's hand.

OLEK
Iryna?

WANDA
Papa.

IRYNA MAXIMOFF, hurries into the living room, wiping her hands on a dish towel. Wanda melts at the sight of her.

WANDA
Mama.

AGATHA
Ok. I get it now.

IRYNA (subtitle: Sokovian)
Olek, darling, let me help you.

The scene continues, Olek and Iryna unaware of their three out of-time visitors. Iryna places one suitcase onto the couch and pops it open. CLOSE ON: DVDs and VHSs encased in sleeves. We INSERT on some of the videos and find cover art that is distinctly American ("The Brady Bunch", "Who's The Boss?", "FRIENDS"). Iryna runs her fingers gently across the merchandise.

OLEK
Don't worry, my love. I'm sure I'll sell every last one tomorrow. A YOUNG PIETRO (10) runs into this living room.

YOUNG PIETRO In English
Papa!

WITH WANDA: Upon seeing her brother younger, she tightens with nostalgia.

WANDA
Pietro.

AGATHA
Loud, isn't he?

PHOENIX
Agatha.

Phoenix smacks Agatha.

"Damn Frosty, you hit everyone." Tony laughed and Phoenix smiled.

AGATHA
Ow! What?!

Pietro goes to the couch and arranges pillows before securing blankets off a nearby chair. He speaks in broken English.

YOUNG PIETRO
You said the only rule of TV nightis we try practice our English.

IRYNA
We were just making rid of lastlittle bit of Sokovian.

OLEK
Where is your sister?

YOUNG PIETRO (at the top of his lungs)
WANDA!?

AGATHA
Really, I mean we're right here.