𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖So, you might not see mefor a long time

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
So, you might not see me
for a long time.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

FIVE
YEARS
LATER

"Five years!" Phoenix exclaimed, and everyone looked shocked.

[We see shots of New York City, seemingly abandoned. There are a lot of boats gathered around a dock, all abandoned. A baseball stadium comes into view, with no life present at all. The aftermath of the Decimation is evident, and Earth has not coped well.]

[Cut to an abandoned cafe, with a poster on the wall labeled "WHERE DO WE GO, NOW THAT THEY'RE GONE?". A therapy session is taking place with Steve Rogers and seven other people.]

JOE RUSSO
So, I, uh... Went on a date the other day. It's the first time in five years, you know? I'm sitting there at dinner... I didn't even know what to talk about.

STEVE
What did you talk about?

JOE RUSSO
Same old crap, you know? How things have changed, and... my job, his job... How much we miss the Mets. And then things get quiet... He cried as they were serving the salads.

JIM STARLIN
What about you?

JOE RUSSO
I cried... just before dessert. But I'm seeing him again tomorrow, so...

STEVE
That's great. You did the hardest part. You took the jump; you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those little brave baby steps we gotta take. To try and become whole again, try and find purpose. You gotta move on. Gotta to move on. The world is in our hands. It's left to us guys, and we got to do something with it. Otherwise... Thanos should have killed all of us.

[Screen Title: SAN FRANCISCO]

(The camera pans to San Francisco Bridge, all the way to a self-storage facility with a sign saying "U-STORE It, SELF STORAGE", with its interior filled with stored stuff and junk until it spots Luis' van behind a metallic fence with a label named "LANG". A rat crawls over the van's rear windshield and accidentally activates the controls for opening the Quantum Realm, haphazardly activating the Quantum Tunnel. The rear door busts open, flinging Lang outside the van.)

"Scott!" everyone yells.

SCOTT
(Grunts as he pushes away a cushion out of his body, and deactivates the helmet, but still grunting in pain, as he sweeps away sparks from an electrical failure out of his suit, then try to stand up.) What the hell?

(He manages to stand up, as another electrical failure sparks out of his gauntlets, and now looks around in a confused look.)

SCOTT
Hope?