𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖You both catch on quick

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
You both catch on quick.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

EXT. FOREST CLEARING - SALEM, MASS - 1693/NIGHT

Hands bound with rope. Bare feet shuffling across damp earth. A ragged petticoat dragging in the mud. We follow behind two CLOAKED FIGURES as they strong-arm a YOUNG WOMAN up to a stake. All the visual cues of a Salem witch burning. And when the witch in question is roughly turned to face us, we see it is AGATHA (18). She shivers in the night air, her face streaked with tears. Desperate, she appeals to the Cloaked Figures.

AGATHA
Speak to me. I beg of you. What's in have I committed? What have I done to displease you?

Ignoring her, her escorts finish securing her to the stake and join more CLOAKED FIGURES already standing before Agatha.

EVANORA
Agatha Harkness, are you a witch?

Agatha cowers slightly, but then sets her jaw proudly.

AGATHA
Aye. I am a witch.

"Witches." Phoenix whispered.

EVANORA
Yet you have betrayed your coven.

The figure - EVANORA (40s) - removes her hood, as do the others. REVEAL seven women, dressed similarly to Agatha. Now we see that Agatha is bound by magic, glowing threads wrapping her to the stake.

AGATHA
I have not!

EVANORA
You violated our oath of secrecy. You stole knowledge above your age and station. You practiced the darkest of magic.

Everyone gasped.

AGATHA
I know nothing of these crimes, I swear it-

EVANORA
ENOUGH DECEPTION!

Evanora's voice booms through the dark forest. Agatha dropsthe act. She stops crying, her face now serious. Defiant.

AGATHA
I did not break your rules. They simply bent to my power.

At this confirmation, Evanora signals to the other witches.They bow their heads and begin an INCANTATION.

COVEN
Unam vitam pro vitis multis...Mortem prodigio et monstro...

Agatha starts to panic.

AGATHA
Wait. Do not do this. Please. I--I cannot control it. If only you would teach me. Help me.

And then a final, vulnerable appeal directly to Evanora:

AGATHA
Mother?

Now we see it in Evanora's eyes: love. And regret. But theyare no match for her resolve. Evanora joins the INCANTATION.

EVANORA & COVEN
Mortem prodigio et monstro...Mortem prodigio et monstro...Mortem prodigio et monstro...

Now Agatha is truly afraid. She braces--The witches - all but Evanora - shoot their arms out sending MAGIC BLASTS, each a different color, straight into Agatha.She SCREAMS. She is completely orbed in the light.