TWENTY FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
the similarities between us

VISA COUNT: 10 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     A WAVE OF realization washed over people

A WAVE OF realization washed over people. A random member of the Beach clarified, "Momoka struck the knife into herself?"

     "Yes." Arisu nodded. "If I were the game master, I would come up with this idea."

     Agreed Arisu.

     Aguni seemed to be against Arisu today as he kicked him in the abdomen and to the floor. "What a joke. I'm the witch! You guys want to kill me, right?"

     He began to charge at random members, picking fights. Everyone rushed in to try and stop him. This is both pathetic and sad. It's heart wrenching to see such a strong man crumble and wish for death.

     A girl wearing a yellow shirt ran forward, into the middle of the rapid circle. She stopped and shouted, "Listen up, everyone!" Everyone paused their fighting and looked at her, "I'm the dealer of this game."

     A laser found itself drilling down into her head.

     Riko's gaze flickered to the carpeted floor below them as she took in the information. Dealer's get killed if they reveal themself. I wonder why, probably to keep information about the games from being spread to normal players.

     "It was a reverse grip." A female announced, turning to the speaker Riko spotted Ann and Kuina, who was helping Ann walk, as Ann raised the missing knife from Momoka's body. "Fingerprints with a reverse grip were found on the knife. Momoka grabbed the knife herself and stabbed it through her own chest. She's the witch."

     "Why would she...kill herself for a game?"

     "Was Momoka really the game master?"

     "That girl also said she's the dealer. So, were we just being toyed with by them?"

     "But she's human, just like the rest of us. Ordinary humans..."

     "The two of them...They might have been controlled by someone else too."

     "Aguni. Let's just stop this. Don't let the deaths of the innocents go to waste." Arisu pleaded. "I understand how it feels to kill your friends. But we shouldn't take out our frustration on those who are still alive! We are still alive! We're all facing despair head-on and fighting until the very end! Don't look down on those who are still alive!"

     "The fire is spreading!" A man shouted, looking into the hotel where there was fire licking at the walls, and rushing across the floors. "Run!" The man urged, the people around him began to scream.

     The room quickly became overrun by chaos, but people were ordered to move the body to the Fire of Judgement. However, when they tried to reach down and grab it, they were shot.

     Riko hastily looked over to where the bullet came from and spotted a torn up but familiar silhouette approaching them. One hand holding a gun, and the other holding a lit torch.

     Riko shook her head, fucking Niragi.

The room quickly burst into chaos, but Riko wasn't going to stay around to watch it. The girl nudged him with her elbow, and motioned towards the direction the stairs were in, saying, "Let's get out of here before this place collapses on itself."

     ﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     Once they made it to the bottom level—quite slowly, they were taking their time to let the commotion below relax before they reached it. But they had a lovely conversation about how dumb Kurayami was, Chishiya more into it than Riko was—Her phone jingled and Riko pulled it out, "Congratulations." the electronic greeted in a peppy robotic voice.

     Riko stopped in her tracks and looked over at Chishiya. He met her eye and after a moment asked, "Are we thinking the same thing?"

     Riko offered, "Get the card anyways."

     A sly smile greeted his face, "Great minds think alike."

     Together they walked down the stairs of the hotel, and into the lobby. It was a wreck, fire bursting out from the second and third floors, the room covered completely with orange lighting from the flames. Smoke began to cloud the roof of the hotel, and Riko knew they would have to leave soon.

     In the middle of the empty room was a pristine white table, with a single item on top of it. A 10 of hearts card sat alone. Chishiya reached out and grasped it in his hand, lifting it up.

     "You two are quite persistent as well." They heard Kuina approach them from behind. Riko turned to her while Chishiya only gave her a glance then his eyes changed back to the card.

     "I started to think that it's pointless to collect all the playing cards." Chishiya informed.

     "Say what?" Kuina laughed crossing her arms.

     "But with this, we've got everything except for the face cards." Chishiya lowered the card, looking outside through one of the windows, "But I wonder what the management team of the game wants us to see?"

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

Next chapter coming
same time tomorrow,
this one was a filler so I
didn't want to post it at
the normal time.

Posted: January 4, 2023
Words: 840
Edited: ✘︎