ALTERNATE ENDING #2 CONTINUED

𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 :
alternate ending #2 continued

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     RIKO HAD TO stay in the hospital as a patient for a while, the doctors not sure that she was fully capable of walking on her own, nor that her leg would heal properly, so they wanted her there for most of that process

     RIKO HAD TO stay in the hospital as a patient for a while, the doctors not sure that she was fully capable of walking on her own, nor that her leg would heal properly, so they wanted her there for most of that process. At least this time she didn't have to feel then treating it without pain medications unlike when Chishiya did it.

She wanted to go home eagerly, but couldn't. However she didn't let that bring her down for two reasons. One, she had confirmation that her apartment was outside the blast and that Mylo was okay and being taken care of by a peer from school. Secondly, she was able to walk around the hospital on her own.

The doctors encouraged it, in fact. They just kept a limited area that she had to stay in, and to keep out of the way for others, but let her roam free for the most part.

Throughout her recovery, she found herself walking by Chishiya's room, peeking inside. Always, he would be in there. He could be talking to one of the boys—Riko noticed him talking to Niragi a lot actually, but it looked heated more than casual most times—watching television, simply thinking, or watching the window, waiting for someone to walk by.

      And she noticed the way he'd brighten up when he saw her. And how he'd always turn and watch her walk by, whether she pretended to notice or not.

Days later Riko was walking down the hall by herself. She walked her normal route at her normal time, down the halls of patients that were sent in by the crash. She still hadn't seen a few people, and she hopes she was wrong about their fate.

     This time when she walked by the Chishiya's room and looked in, he wasn't in there. He's on the move, I'd thought he'd be too injured to move for a while. Guess you can't keep him down, she mused.

Feeling disappointed Riko continued down the hall, holding onto the railing for support. She made it to the vending machine and stopped to look at the drinks inside. She didn't have any money with her, she had left it inside her bag but she still wanted to look at the the different flavors.

As she was observing them, out of her peripherals she spotted the blond man she had been waiting to speak to walking in her direction on the opposite side of the hallway. Chishiya looked up and met her eye. When they had, it felt like the world stopped for them. No one walked down the hallway, no other noises. Just each other.

     The man furrowed his eyebrows, contemplating something before he started walking across the hall and towards Riko without a moments hesitation. Riko straightened her posture, watching him walk up to her. The man stopped by her, looking at body language that was still pointed at the vending machine. He glanced at it and questioned, "Are you going to get something?"