ALTERNATE ENDING #2

𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 :
what ifs

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

❝︎ what if: they remembered ❞︎

this will have a part two

     "NOW, ALL THE surviving players will be given a choice." The voice emitting from speakers all over the city announced to the survivors who were watching the light show with awe. "Please select whether you will accept permanent residence in this land or if you will not accept it. I repeat, please select whether you will accept permanent residence in this land or if you will not accept it."

"I... don't want it, I think." Chishiya spoke, turning to Riko while also speaking to Niragi to guess her expression. "What will you two do?"

"I don't want it." Riko decided first, watching Chishiya's expression.

Niragi spoke up from beside his car after a moment, "I don't want it." Riko raised her eyebrows in surprise. After everything he said about loving this world so much, he still chose to go home. Must be homesick even if it was a bad reality.

The fireworks continued. Riko assumed they would until every player made their decision.

     She was knocked out of her thoughts when she felt a hand reach out slowly, touching her own that was on the floor. Riko turned and saw Chishiya's hand grasping hers. A peaceful smile crossed her face as she observed the contact.

     Riko looked up and made eye contact with Chishiya. His eyes flickered down to her lips, which curved upwards when she noticed. Riko reached forward with her right hand, placing it on his cheek. Slowly, she moved forwards and she waited a moment to see if he would pull away. He didn't, in fact he leaned in, connecting their lips.

It was a rush of emotions for both of them and for the first time Riko was clear of what Chishiya was feeling. The hand on his cheek lightened its touch as Riko got distracted, but then his hand reached up and grasped her arm lightly, both increasing the pressure on his cheek and brushing his thumb on the skin at the same time.

It felt like hours had passed when in reality it was only a few seconds. Even though it was a short time, it was enough to get the passion across. The two pulled away and looked into each other's eyes.

     Riko blinked, looking deep into Chishiya's eyes, the hand on his cheek dropped as an overwhelming joy filled her.

But when she opened her eyes next there was no one beside her.