ALTERNATE ENDING #1 CONTINUED

𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 :
the title continuation of first "what if"

and y'all thought you were done
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

and y'all thought you were done﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

❝ ︎how would kurayami react to the news ❞︎

HE DIDN'T WANT to leave her side. He stayed there, holding the hand of Riko long after it had fallen limp, his eyes on the ground as he tried to grasp the situation he found himself in.

     I can't stay here, the King of Spades is going around. He reasoned, he's bound to come back over here soon. I have to move. He tried to move his body, but it wouldn't budge. His hand was still grasping Riko's soft one. He regretted not holding it when she was alive.

I have to move. He repeated, looking down at the hand in his own. As he was looking at it, he didn't notice the tear that fell on top of it.

     Eventually he managed to stand. Once he got outside, he looked upwards to the sky. Now, only the Queen of Hearts and King of Spades blimps were floating in the air.

     It's almost over, he noticed with a disappointed expression. She made it so far, only to miss the very end.

It didn't seem... Fair. Funnily enough. Chishiya remembered his conversation with Kuzuryu about the difference in the value of lives. Riko's life had more meaning than—Chishiya would heavily argue—anyone else's had, so why was it hers that was taken?

     He walked forward, his hands clenched in his pockets. Bodies were all over the floor. Some rotting from how long they'd been there. None of the ones he scanned had any weapons however, so he moving along. Nature was covering the city, poking through the streets and covering the buildings. The wind blew aggressively, picking up the dust in a tinted grey cloud.

He turned to the right, spotting a clothing store. He looked down at himself. I have her blood all over me... He didn't want the reminder that she was gone every time his clothes flew into his vision. I need to get a different shirt.

      Chishiya walked into the store, pushing the glad doors open and entering, then immediately stuffing his hands back info his pockets.

The sound of pistol being cocked made him turn to the left and see a delightfully familiar figure pointing a gun at him. "You know...I know you hate me," The man spoke, his voice strangely offended, "but I don't know why. But I suppose I hate you too."