THIRTY FOUR

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
how did that giant animal fit in here

VISA COUNT: 10 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

VISA COUNT: 10 DAYS ﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "WE SHOULD SPLIT up." Riko decided as she observed the last four blimps in the sky from in front of the library. "I think King of Diamonds and King of Hearts would be taking a dangerous chance playing it together, especially hearts."

     "Okay, but we need somewhere to meet up after." Chishiya figured, checking their surroundings to make sure the King of Spades wasn't nearby. His blimp was still on the opposite side of Tokyo, so they were fine for now.

"I think we should move away from the library; we've been here too long." Riko suggested. Only about three to four days, but still, with the King of Spades lurking around Tokyo, it wasn't a good idea to stay still.

     "You know the park that's...that way," Chishiya pointed in a vague direction, "there's the secluded building by it. We could meet in front of that after we finish our games."

     "The one by the university?" Chishiya nodded along with her words, so she shrugged, "Yeah, sounds good. See you after the games."

     Chishiya looked at her for a few seconds before turning around, beginning to walk away.

     "Chishiya." The man turned around when she called out before she could stop herself, "Please win."

     He stopped, and a smirk began to grow on his face. Already she began to regret speaking and grimaced. Chishiya teased, "Oh, you care for me?"

     "I do." Riko sighed, "And right now you're really making me regret it."

     A more peaceful expression grew on his face as his smirk turned into a genuine smile, "I want you to win your game too."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     The King of Hearts arena was a worn down, but tall building made of concrete. It looked like the area a horror movie would take place. Cracks in the walls, weeds sprouting from the pathway. Nothing about it felt good.

     Still, she found herself entering and grabbing a phone from the pristine table that stood out significantly from the rest of the decrepit room.

Then, she found a wall to lean on and started observing contestants.

There were men standing, all relatively older and appearing tired. In the group there was a man around Riko's age, but there was nothing special about him. To the side of him there was another man leaning into his thirties, his posture straight and his gaze demeaning. Riko kept notice, calling him Tie mentally because of the suit he was wearing before she moved on.