ALTERNATE ENDING #1

𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 :
what ifs 

SHORT A/N: For the what ifs the chapters will be mostly the same up to the ending.
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

❝︎ what if: riko didn't make it ❞︎

( lowkey a try not to cry challenge, i failed )

FINE, HE WOULD admit it. Chishiya was worried. He had finished his game an hour ago, Kuzuryu being the King of Diamonds he had beaten. He made it to their waiting spot, but she wasn't here yet.

What if something happened to her? As much faith as he had in her the possibility struck up, what if she didn't beat the game? For some reason the thought made him feel sick to his stomach out of anxiety, and that concerned him.

     The King of Hearts blimp had been destroyed about an hour ago, so where was Riko? The arena hadn't been all too far from here. He didn't know how long he would stay, waiting for her, but he was prepared for longer than a day.

A figure walking towards him on the sidewalk suddenly caught his attention. Chishiya perked up when he recognized it to be Riko, but paused as a realization hit him.

She was limping, almost stumbling forward, an incredibly large difference from her usual confident stride. Her arm was holding her other arm which was wrapped around her stomach tightly. Her head was dropped, her hair covering her expression.

Chishiya pushed himself off the wall completely, taking a few uneasy steps forward.

Then, he identified the blood.

It was dripping down her arm, and covering her hand, spilling between her fingers. On her leg, her athletic pants were lifted on her left side and her shirt was ripped, only to one side as the other also had blood, tied around it. There were some tears in her clothes, both her shirt and pants were covered in dirt and dust.

"Y—" He cut himself off when Riko suddenly fell forward, her body hitting the weed covered concrete harshly as she didn't stop herself, or couldn't.

"Riko...?" Chishiya called out, walking towards her. When he didn't get an immediate response he found himself sprinting forward, the first time he had ran faster than a rushed jog in the Borderlands. "Riko!"

Chishiya stopped by her, kneeling beside her as he reached out to grab her arm worriedly. "Riko!"

"Oh, hey Chishiya..." Riko croaked, turning around to look at him. That was the most emotion she had ever heard from him, "What's up..?"