Part 3: Late Night Shopping

I laid in my bed tossing and turning. It's now 12:00 am and I have a mission at 12:00 pm. I absolutely hate the texture of these sheets. My brain is very overstimulated right now and I'm nearly on the verge of tears.

I quickly got out of bed and put a small black jacket to cover my sports bra. I put on some leggings and walked out the door. I wiped the small tears from my face and went to the kitchen.

I poured myself a small glass of water and sat down on a stool in front of the kitchen island. I laid my head in my arms trying to control my overwhelmed emotions. The base was a very big change from my old base. The sheets thing just set me off more.

Price: y/n? Are you ok?

Y/n: oh! Captain! Yeah I'm fine.

Price: I can see the tears on your face. I don't think you're ok.

Y/n: *sigh* I'm just really overwhelmed. The base is a big change for me and I'm not a fan of things changing.

Price: I see. Tell me about it.

Y/n: well first off, the layout is different so my usual everyday system is broken. I used to have a very strict schedule and now it's just broken and that's stressing me out and then secondly is the people. Everyone besides the actual 141 members look at me like I'm weird. The 141 member treat me like a human, but all of the other soldiers are treat me like an alien.

Price: that sounds very frustrating I'm sorry you're stay has been like that so far. Is there anything I could do to make you feel better?

Y/n: thank you for caring. Usually people tell me I'm over exaggerating or that I'm ungrateful.

Price: y/n would you like me to fix the problem or distract you from it.

Y/n: it would be nice if you could fix it.

Price: alright.

Y/n: do you think it would be possible to go to town tomorrow?

Price: what for?

Y/n: I don't like the texture of the steers in my room and I just really need new ones. The sheets is what started this whole crying fit.

Price: why don't we go right now? That way you can get some rest before the mission.

Y/n: thank you price. I appreciate it.

Price led me outside to a parking garage. We both got in a black suv and price started driving into town. Everything was dark, but as we went more into the city lights were lit up. The city looked alive as it twinkled in wonder.

We eventually made it to the small 24hr market. I walked behind price to the entrance. We went to the sheets and comforter aisle.

Price: alright choose whichever ones you want.

Y/n: alright. Thanks captain.

Price: no problem.

I looked at the sheets for quite a bit. I felt nearly every single one until price pulled out a blue set that was hiding.

Price: here feel these.

Y/n: these are perfect!

Price smiled at me fondly and we went to the cashier. There was a small little old lady who sat in a chair. She rang up my sheets and smiled at us.

Old lady: your total is $20.87. You guys are such a cute couple.

I froze up and I didn't know what to say. I didn't want the old lady to feel embarrassed so I just didn't say anything.

Price: we just got married tonight. Hence the new sheets.

Old lady: oh my! I remember when I was young. My wedding night was wild and very chaotic. Enjoy it you youngins

Price: oh we will. Thank you ma'am. Have a great night!

Old lady: you too pumpkin!

We walked out and I was still petrified from the conversation that just went on. Price looked normal. Happy even when he walked back to the car.

Y/n: what was that?

Price: we can't tell her that we are soldiers going on a secret mission. That's why I went along with her story.

Y/n: oh.

Price: it was also really funny to see your face.

Y/n: you are so mean!

Price and I laughed. We continued talking about our past and funny missions we went on. I feel like I'm making a dent on him. He's not so put off or distant right now and I like it.

I really like how his eyes crinkle when he smiles. It makes him look so happy and ethereal.

Price: you're staring doll.

Y/n: I like the way you smile. You should definitely smile more.

Price: thank you doll.

Y/n: you're welcome.

When we got to the base price followed me to my room.

Price: would you like help with the sheets?

Y/n: that would be nice.

Price followed me into my room and we took the old sheets off the bed. We put the new sheets in and I watched him fix his side of the sheets. Life with price wouldn't be that bad. He's amazingly patient, good at his job, he definitely knows his values. He's very kind hearted as well. I didn't realize he paid for the sheets until I got out of the store.

Y/n: would you like me to pay you back for buying the sheets?

Price: no way! Consider it an apology for what happened with the lady at the cashier.

Price smoothed his side of the sheets down and stood up. We put the comforter on together and he walked over to my side. He stared at me for a little bit. I looked at his eyes and nose. His eyes flickered to my lips and he slowly leaned in more. His face was super close and I wanted him to lean closer and kiss me, but he cleared his throat and stood back up.

Price: well umm... sleep well y/n

Y/n: thank you. You too price.