3 ~ Goodbye

All the children were gathered by the front door with Conny and Mama, with a suitcase in her hand.
"I know I'm not great at tag and I'm not as smart as all of you are but after I leave I'll do my best. And I can with little bunny's help!" Conny said with a smile as she began to cuddle her beloved stuffed animal.

"Conny..." Don Said bursting out into tears hysterically. Y/n walked towards Conny giving her a warm hug "I'm going to miss you so much Conny. But I know you'll do great out there." Y/n said with a sad smile.
"I'm going to miss you all too much...I don't want to leave! I want to stay here!" Conny said as tears rolled down her face.

Emma's eyes began to fill with tears as y/n stood up. The Orange haired girl patted y/ns shoulder with a sad smile.

Y/n and Don were the closest to Conny. Since Conny arrived at the house y/n loved looking after her. She loved Conny as if she was her real little sister and it hurt to say goodbye.

Mama took Connys hand gently leading her out the door as she said her last few goodbyes.  Y/n looked behind her to see Ray with an unbothered look. Ray did love Conny a lot just alike the rest of the children.
He was standing at the back with a blank expression on his face.. she couldn't read his emotions at all.

Around half an hour later the sky grew much darker. "Finally finished brushing the floor" y/n sighed with relief as she placed the broom against the wall in the long corridor. "I should probably go see how the others are doing since conny left...I bet everyone is gonna be pretty sad for a few days" y/n thought to herself as she began to walk to the dining hall. Just as she was about to open its double doors she heard a scream from inside.

"Conny?! You left little bunny?!" Emma yelled. Y/n opened the doors to be met with Emma Norman and Gilda.
"Huh?! No way!!" y/n said panicked.  "Connys already gone.." Gilda said worried.
"What should we do?" Asked Emma holding little bunny tightly in her arms.

"There's still time you know." A voice echoed from the doorway. It was ray with his wet hair dripping with water and a towel on his shoulder. "How?" Y/n asked. "From the window , I saw the lights still on and Mama isn't back yet either so I don't think Connys left yet." He replied.

"Let's hurry Emma." Norman said putting his hand on Emma's shoulder looking down at the stuffed animal. Emma nodded as the two rushed out the houses front door.

"I hope they make it in time" y/n said to Ray as the pair walked down the hallway to the library. "Imagine.. poor little conny goes all the way down to the gate to meet her new parents and she doesn't even have her bunny..she was probably so upset!" Y/n said with a small frown, looking at the raven haired boy walking along side her. "Ray are you even listening to me?" Y/n asked unimpressed. she noticed he was staring at the floor lost in thought.

"Y/n , didn't you have a gift for Conny?" Ray asked, looking up at her.
"Oh...I did!! But I can't remember where I left it.." Y/n put her hand under her chin. The two made their way into the houses cozy library.   "It's right in Here" said Ray, picking up the sketchbook from a random shelve. "..go find Emma and Norman if you run fast enough you can catch up to them."

"How did you know it was here ? I don't even remember leaving it there..." Y/n asked with a confused expression. "You left it under the tree earlier so I brought it inside." Ray said. "Oh okay! Thanks for getting it!" Y/n said as she ripped the page with Connys drawing on it out of the sketchbook. "I'll see you later!" Y/n smiled with a wave, walking out of the house  and making sure to close the door quietly to not wake up the younger children.

Ray watched from the window as y/n ran down the hill to the gate.

"I'm sorry y/n , that you have to find out this way but it's for your own good..Emma and Norman too. I just hope the plan goes ahead alright" Ray said under his breath.

Y/n ran as fast as she could and finally began to see Emma and Norman.

"Hey you guys." Y/n whispered. " oh hi y/n why are you here?" Norman asked looking at the girl , then the piece of paper in her hand. "I forgot to give my gift to Conny" Y/n said slightly out of breath from running.

Emma stepped closer to the gate with little bunny tightly wrapped in her arms. "Never go near the gate or fence.." she said to herself loud enough for Norman and y/n to hear. "I know , let's all get in trouble later, yeah?" Norman asked. "Okay.." y/n said feeling nervous of how eerie beyond the gate looked.

~~~~~~~~~