69~ buried feelings

Emma, Ray and y/n were outside of their guest house hanging up uniforms to dry, and taking some down to fold. Y/n quietly hummed the lullaby Ray would hum at GraceField to herself with a smile on her as she folded some shirts, placing them into a basket. "You still sing that?" Ray smirked, leaning against the railing of the wooden balcony. "Of course, how could I not? You used to a lot at Gracefield...It's been stuck in my head for the past few hours, weird right?" Y/n shrugged. "Yeah..." Ray said, turning to face the houses below them. "What's the matter?" Y/n asked. "I wonder what kind of plan Norman has in mind..." Ray trailed off.

Emma turned around to the pair. "Hm?" She asked, tilting her head. "What?" Y/n asked. "Aren't you two at all curious? I am" Ray said. Emma sighed and continued to fold shirts. "It's Normans plan, there shouldn't be anything to worry about right? ...didn't he say that it's a future where we won't have to loose anyone ever again?" Y/n asked, not making eye contact with the pair. "Are you sure this is great though?" Ray asked. "What is? What Norman said about destroying the farms and stuff?" Asked Emma with a nervous smile.

"Wait you actually don't want that do you?" Y/n questioned. Emma stayed silent for a second, placing her basket onto the wooden floor. "Haha! Of course I want it, you guys. It's stable and we won't have to run away anymore. 'If we had a strategy to get rid of the demons that would be more certain' that's what you said Ray" Emma added. "Yeah, I did....but that's not the future you want is it?" Ray asked.

Emma closed her eyes as a sad smile spread across her face. "No, it's not...there's something wrong with me. I completely get Normans feelings and that he's right...and why everyone is so happy but...I don't want to kill the demons" Emma said with tears in her eyes.

Y/n and Ray glanced at each-other then back to Emma. "I know it's strange...everyone would be so happy, but I also want the demons to be happy. Everyone was so excited and full of joy...and I want to take the path that would lead us into more danger. I hate myself for that so much. Of course I don't want to be eaten, and I don't want any of you to be eaten. I don't want to get shipped out or hunted at all. They are our enemy at the end of the day. But then I was thinking...what's the difference between demons and humans? They also have families and friends and lifes. They laugh and live and play just like us. But they eat us humans and I absolutely don't want that...but the demons are just doing what we are doing...in order to live...they are just eating. Just because they are our enemy doesn't mean we should eradicate them? Even if we hate or fear them...isn't there a way besides annihilation?" Emma said, wiping her tears with her sleeve.

Y/n closed her eyes and pulled Emma into a hug. "I understand, also Mujika is our friend, I don't want to eliminate her race. I agree with Emma, she's right" y/n said, breaking the hug. "Why didn't you say this yesterday, Emma?" Ray asked, crossing his arms. "I can't say this to the others. I want a path where we don't fight but they want a future that involves killing the demons for good. "And most of all...the seven walls don't even work properly...it's confusing" y/n sighed.

"they can't keep their form unless they eat humans, even if we make a new promise the demons will degenerate and go extinct. So it'll be the same result in the end...I want a different way...I don't know how...what do we do, y/n, Ray? I don't know what I should do"

"I don't either" Ray said bluntly. "Huh?" "The Seven walls route is a stand still. But even if we do run away to the human world...they might start a war and it appears as a huge risk. Now that we know humans are indispensable food source to the demons because of their forms..if we want to save all the children from all the farms everywhere we have to take Normans plan. We can't do anything, there is no room for argument. Norman is right" Ray said.

"So there's nothing we can do for now?" Y/n sulked with a sigh. "Well Yeah, for now there's nothing you can do" Ray ruffled her hair. "Wait what?! I don't get it...why did you ask me how I felt if you didn't have a solution?! At least tell me you have some sort of advice or criticism" Emma began to freak out. "Nope. None whatsoever" Ray said. "Then you didn't have to expose my feelings" Emma shouted. "Don't dig up my true feelings that I buried you jerk!" She cried. "But you said it so easily. Your true feelings. If you are going to bury your true feelings then you should carry them until you die. No matter what, just like I was planning on" Ray said, glancing at y/n. "Emma I know you, you won't be able to hold them in and they'll multiply and explode in the end" y/n smiled, shaking her head. "And in your case, it's probably going to come out at the worst time possible and you're gonna interfere in the worst possible way" Ray said. "Hey!" Y/n nudged Rays arm. Emma glared at the raven haired boy.