50K special chapter

I remember when I started this book I thought it would get 100 reads at the most but it's gotten to 50k now!! Thank you all so much I really appreciate it a lot ^^ here's another flashback from GraceField!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 15th 2038
Plant three GraceField House

It was a cold morning at GraceField House, the garden had a thick blanket of snow stretched across it. Each tree was coated in white fluffy snow along with the roof of the house.

It was Rays eighth birthday and everyone was excited to give him gifts. "Happy birthday Ray!" Emma shouted from across the dining hall as the young boy walked into the room. "Thanks" he said bluntly, picking up plates to place on the tables. "I got you this" Emma said, reaching inside her pocket and taking out a small rock around the size of her hand with a smiley face drawn on it. "I made this last week before the snow came, you can name it!" She said, placing the rock in his hand. "..oh thanks" He nodded, confused at the small gift. He shrugged and placed it in his pocket.

"Hey Ray! happy birthday. Want to have a sleepover with Emma, y/n and me later?" Norman smiled. "To celebrate?" Ray tilted his head. "Of course! Well I mean, if there's anything else you'd like to do we can do instead, maybe chess or another board game?" Norman asked. "Study. Thats what I want to do" Ray said, not amused. "Whatever you want I guess, it's your day after all" Norman sighed with a smile, walking towards Emma.

"Ray!" Y/n skipped towards the dark haired boy. " hey y/n" Ray turned around to face the girl. "I'm baking a cake for your birthday!!" She smiled. "By yourself? You'll burn the house down!" Ray flicked her forehead. "No I won't! I'm careful, come with me I'll show you!" Y/n took his hand as the two walked to the kitchen.

"Breakfast is still being made so the cakes cant be baked yet" y/n pointed to the batter in a bowl. "Cakes? More than one? If that's the case we might as well evacuate the house before the flames start" Ray said, crossing his arms. "I'm making cupcakes And No I won't!! Believe in me for once" y/n shook his shoulders. "Alright, alight!!" He said.

"Guys! Come on we are starting breakfast!" Emma called. "Okay!" Y/n smiled, taking Rays hand, dragging him to the dining hall.

As the day progressed the children stayed inside as it was too cold outside. They played party games and gave homemade gifts to Ray. "Okay! I'm gonna take the cupcakes out of the oven now!!" Y/n shouted down the hall. "I'll help you y/n, you must be careful" Mama said, walking to the kitchen. "You must wear oven mittens if you are taking something out of it" Mama explained, placing the mittens onto her own hands. "Okay!" Y/n nodded.

Mama opened the oven, a cloud of smoke flew out of it. "Oh no..." Mama whispered under her breath. She placed the tray of cupcakes onto the counter top. "Are they burnt?" Y/n asked sadly. "A little bit...but we all make mistakes y/n, it's only your second time baking and it's your first time by yourself! You did such a good job but next time ask me to check on them" Mama smiled at the girl, brushing y/ns hair behind her ear. "Rays gonna be so disappointed I messed up" y/n sighed. "I'm sure he'll appreciate the thought more than anything" "yeah the thought of me messing up. He's totally gonna laugh at me" y/n sighed dramatically, making Mama chuckle. "Oh my sweet y/n" she smiled.

"How did your baking go?" Emma walked into the kitchen. "Not great...I really burnt them" y/n frowned. "Hmm...I've an idea! What if we decorate them with icing and sprinkles! That way at least they'll look pretty" Emma suggested.

The two girls spent the next ten minutes decorating the cupcakes in different coloured sprinkles and icing. "There! I think that does it" Emma said, putting her hands on her waist. Y/n nodded in agreement with a smile. The girls white shirts were now covered in colourful icing and even some sprinkles were stuck in their hair. "I think we did a good job" Y/n said.
"Can I see the cupcakes- what happened to you two?" Norman walked into the kitchen. "I guess we got a little carried away with decorating" Emma sighed, looking at her now icing and sprinkle covered shirt. "Let's bring Ray the cupcakes now!" Y/n said, putting them on a big plate.

Y/n held the plate in her hands, followed by Emma and Norman behind her as they made their way to Ray. "Happy Birthday!" The Three cheered. Ray turned around from reading his book. "Here are the famous cakes I baked!" Y/n smiled at the boy, handing him the plate. "They..actually don't look terrible" Ray raised his eyebrows. "Thank you" y/n giggled. "Here, try it!" The girl handed ray one of the cupcakes covered in Purple icing.

Ray took a bite of the cupcake and began to cough. "I did end up burning them...just a little bit" y/n frowned. "Did we poison Ray?!" Emma asked. "Ray are you okay?" Y/n asked putting her hand on his shoulder. "Yep- they are-" Ray continued to cough. "-Really good-" he said between coughing. "Are you sure? You don't have to eat them if you don't w-" y/n began. "Nope it's fine-" he coughed, patting her head. "Really!" Y/ns Eyes sparkled with happiness. "Mhm" Ray finished the cupcake. "I'm so glad you like them!" She smiled at the boy. "Hey y/n let's get changed, our shirts are messy from baking" Emma said, taking y/ns hand. "Sure!"

"Ray I know that didn't taste good" Norman laughed, crossing his arms. "It was Fine- Just...don't let any of the younger ones eat them- they might get sick...or worse.." Ray said, throwing the cupcake wrapper into a bin. "You know, you wouldn't have done that for anyone else" Norman said. "What is that supposed to mean?" Ray asked. Norman shrugged with a smile. "Never mind"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any typos!!