70K Special Chapter

2035~ Grace Field House Plant 3

It was a miserable evening  at Gracefield House. The sky was full of grey clouds and the rain was pouring down. "I don't think it'll clear up anytime soon..." y/n sighed, looking out the window standing on her tippy toes. "The sky will clear by tomorrow stop pouting about it" Ray said, flicking through a large book. The pair were in the library patiently waiting for the rain to end. "I wanted to play outside though...Emma and I were gonna try and see if we could find some cute bugs and make them a little house" y/n frowned. Ray rolled his eyes. "That's dumb. They already live in the garden. It's time for bed soon anyways" "it's just for fun! Plus we were gonna put them back anyways...but I guess we can't do that right now because of the time and weather.." y/n sat down beside the boy, sinking into her chair.

"Maybe you should read or something to pass the time, it's a good idea to get a head start on studying before the tests begin" Ray suggested. "I don't have to start them until I turn six! Plus they already sound difficult..studying is gonna make me stressed" y/n put her hands to her head. "Studying is supposed to help, you know" Ray said. "I know I'm already gonna fail them so it doesn't matter" y/n said.  "You won't, I can help you with studying" Ray said with a worried look in his eyes. "You get so worked up over those stupid tests" y/n snickered. "I Do not! I just..want you to pass them that's all" Ray said, looking down at his book.

"Fine I'll start next week with the studying and you can help me!" Y/n said. Ray nodded. "I really wanna go outside, it's already clearing up! I can see some stars!" y/n gasped as a smile grew on her face. "Let me See" Ray walked towards the window, just about being able to look out. "The clouds are moving...maybe we could go outside... but only for a few minutes" He suggested. "Really!!" Y/n squealed. "Mama can't know though so let's be quite" Ray reminded the (h/c) haired girl. "Mhm!" She nodded in agreement.

The pair crept down the hallway and rushed down the stairs as quietly as possible. "Mama should be getting the babies ready for bed with the older kids, if she finds us we're in trouble. She doesn't like when you go out in the cold, you'll get sick again" Ray sighed. "I won't I swear! I just wanna look at the stars for a little while" y/n promised. "Fine, let's just go" Ray picked up a navy umbrella sitting by the front door.

Y/n opened the large wooden door and ran out onto the open garden. "The house looks so pretty in the night with all the lights on" y/n smiled. Ray followed the girl, opening the umbrella for the two to stand under. "There's still a light rain" Ray shrugged. "Woah!! Ray look at all the stars! The moon is there too!" Y/n gasped, pointing up at the picturesque sky. "Huh, It does look pretty" Ray added. "I told you it would be cool!" Y/n giggled, making Ray smile. "Let's go to the tree we sit under at free time, if we climb it we can surely see the stars clearer" said y/n as she took Rays hand in hers.

The girl ran towards the tree, taking one step at a time all the way to the top. "Hey Ray!" She called, looking at the boy who was still on the ground. "Wait for me!" Ray said, throwing the umbrella onto the grass. "See? The sky does look better from here" y/n said. The pair were sitting on a high branch over looking the garden and most of the forest. "When we leave this house we should go to a tall hill and stargaze every night!" Y/n said. "That would be fun I guess..but you'll forget about me when you leave the house" Ray said, looking down at his feet. "What!! I'd never! You're my best friend in the whole entire universe for ever and ever! I'll never forget you because we can write if we're apart or we can live together!" Y/n smiled. "It's a nice thought but I'm not sure.." Ray said.

"Oh! I know what we can do! I read about it in a fairy tale! We can get married!" Y/n said. "W-what?!" Ray almost fell off the tree. "Then we could live together for sure.., right?" Y/n asked, confused of his sudden change of expression. "I don't think you properly understand what that means" Ray laughed nervously. Suddenly a strike of lighting hit followed by thunder. "What was that?!" Y/n gasped in fear, hugging Rays arm tightly. "It's lighting and thunder, are you scared?" Ray snickered. "No! I just got a fright from the noise that's all" y/n shrugged. "Soo you are scared" Ray said, jumping down from the branch. "A little.." y/n smiled feeling embarrassed.

"It's okay, let's go inside anyways. We can look at stars again soon..just not tonight" Ray said, grabbing y/ns hand to help her down from the high tree. "Yeah sure!" She nodded. Just as the two made it back to the house the front door opened, revealing Mama with her arms crossed. "What were you two doing out in the rain! You could've caught a cold!" She sighed, wrapping a blanket around each of their shoulders. "Sorry Mama..I just wanted to see the stars" y/n frowned. Isabella closed her eyes for a moment then smiled. "It's quite alright...Just this once but please, don't go out in the cold again. Ray you should have known better.." Mama said with a small chuckle. "Y/n wanted to go out to the garden so I was just holding the umbrella for her" Ray shrugged. "You two are always together you know that? Even when you arrived at this house first, you came on the same day" Mama smiled. "Really?!" Y/n looked at the raven haired boy beside her. "That's rare. I thought babies only arrived one by one?" Ray asked. "Hmm, yes they do. But it was a special occurrence...but that's a story for another day, go get ready for bed. Both of you. Emma and Norman are waiting for you to read a story with them upstairs" Mama pointed to the staircase. "Okay!" Y/n nodded.

"Ray come on!" Y/n waited halfway up the stairs for the boy who was waking extra slow. "You're doing that on purpose" y/n rolled her eyes, taking his hand. Mama giggled quietly at the children who reminded her of when she was young and of the found memories she kept in her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any typos!!
70K!! Thank you so much!! 😊
(Y/ns birthday is in / around May so it makes sense with the story by the way. Sorry 😭!!)