62~ change the world

"So Lucas and Yugo really are...dead?" Jemima asked as her eyes filled with tears. The children made it back to the shelter safe, Emma carried Dominic who was now resting and in the care of Anna and Zack held Alilcas hand all the way back.

"They went out in honour...Protecting us to the end" Oliver said, turning his hands to fists in sadness and frustration. "We will...never see them again..." Emma broke down crying, joined in by Gillian. Everyone was devastated with the confirmed news of Yugo And Lucas, Not to mention the kids they lost along the way.

Y/n sat in the forest on the ground, the only lighting being the moon hitting off her face. "Y/n we should be getting back, Emma will worry" Ray said to his girlfriend. Y/n ignored his comment and sat still. "Are you upset about the children we lost? And Yugo And Lucas? If you are I understand...it's been a horrible night" Ray asked, he sat down beside y/n. "Of course I am" she sighed. "What else is annoying you?" Ray asked, looking at the girl who did not want to make eye contact. "I didn't kill him right? I shot him..but the demon killed him" Y/n asked, lowering her head into her jacket. "Well- yeah, you did the right thing. You saved Dominic and Alicia. That man wanted to murder us all, did you not see the way he treated us? It was disgusting. You saved us" Ray smiled. "I know it helped...but something inside of me is telling me it wasn't the right thing to do...maybe I'm feeding something that doesn't exist. I'm glad the demon got him in the end though. He deserved it" y/n said as she furrowed her eyebrows. "I hope Yugo And Lucas Are proud of us...I'm gonna miss them" Ray sighed, looking up at the moon through the trees.

"Yeah me too..." y/n said quietly. "Let's just be glad we can keep moving forward. They paved the way for us to go...but it doesn't change the fact there will be a sad absence " Ray said, getting to his feet. He put his hand out for y/n to take. "Let's go back to the others before anymore demons find us" Ray said. Y/n nodded her head and put her hand in his. She stood up and the two walked together. "I hope Dominic is okay...I feel horrible for those children who were killed" y/n said. "We should do something for them" Ray suggested. "Wait I have an idea" the girl said. She walked towards a patch of wild flowers and picked a bunch. "We can lay them on the ground in remembrance with the others" she said. "Good idea" Ray said, planting a kiss on the top of her head.

Suddenly something rushed through the trees leaving a noise of fluttering leaves. "What was that?" Y/n asked, moving closer to Ray. The raven haired boy stared up at the tall trees. He took his bow and arrow from his bag and aimed it at the tree tops. His arrow soared through the air in a flash and an owl fell from the sky, landing right in-front of them. "This was an...owl?" Y/n asked, tilting her head slightly. "No, look closely" Ray said, pointing at the owls neck. Lots of wires revealed from where the arrow was. "It was a Recording device!!" Y/n gasped.

"So this was the reason that guy knew where we were and how he was able to avoid the cameras and the shelter" Ray said. "I should have thought about this sooner...there was always an owl following us in the sky" y/n said, putting her hand on her chin. "The secret cave isn't safe anymore. We're gonna have to abandon it soon" Ray said. "The Ratri Clan could have more of those owls lurking around the place..." y/n said. "But where else should we go?" Ray asked himself aloud. "Wait...I know where" Y/n smiled.

~

"We're gonna have to leave?!" The children cried. "Where are we gonna go?" Emma asked with tired eyes. Ray and y/n made it back to the cave, explaining what they saw. Oliver took out the note from Lucas. "Guys, Lucas received a call before the end" Oliver announced. "So Mister Minerva is alive?" One of the children asked. "It could be a supporter who survived" Nat suggested. "An ally!!" Mark said. "But we have to move again...we just lost the shelter and we are loosing this place too" the children cried. "Our homes and our friends were taken from us..." Anna said with a frown. "Is there no safe place for us to live" Jemima asked, tugging y/ns jacket. Y/n picked the girl up and smiled. "We're fighting to obtain that, remember? We have a couple more months we can change the world before then. We'll be able to do it!! For Lucas and Yugo" y/n said. "You're right!! Let's go to that place where they are calling us from" Emma spoke up.

Gilda peeked at the note from Lucas. "Those numbers...they are the same as the Minervas Mythology book" Gilda said. "Yeah, page seven third line fifth word is go. Page nine fourth line is To" Y/n began, as she gazed into the books old pages. "And once we have all the words it reads...'go to the jaw of the lion'" Ray read aloud. "Jaw of the lion?" Emma asked. "Oh! It was in the map at the shelter. I saw it when we were searching for the temple and the golden water!" Yvette said. "To the West, about a ten and a half day walk...into the Wasteland. The person is telling us to go there" Emma said. "Let's go let's do it!!" Lanni and Thoma cheered.

Everyone was busy preparing their bags, food, medical kits and weapons. As soon as they were done they left not a trace of their footsteps in the cave...apart from some wild flowers y/n began to place onto the end of the cave. "Yugo...Lucas...everyone...watch us, we will change the world" Y/n closed her eyes as she placed the last flower down. "Let's go" Ray said, holding her hand as she nodded with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for any typos!!