15 ~ Cooking

Hours ticked by and the children of Grace Field were fast asleep in their beds. Until one green haired girl woke up. She quietly got out of her bed picked up her round glasses put them on and headed out of the bedroom.

"Y/n...wake up" Emma whispered shaking the girls shoulders. "Wha-" y/n said sitting up rubbing her eyes "come with me" Emma said grabbing her hand as they stepped out of the bedroom after Gilda.

Gilda knocked on Sister Krones door. "Welcome Gilda, I have been waiting for you" Krones voice said. Causing y/n and Emma's eyes to widen. They were standing at a wall close to the room. As soon as Gilda stepped inside of Krones bedroom and closed the door Emma and y/n creeped up to it and pressed their ears against it to hear their conversation.

"Please , talk to me Gilda" Krone said energetically. "About that issue right?" Gilda asked not wanting to make eye contact with Krone. Gilda closed her eyes tightly as Krone moved closer to the girl. "Sister Krone there isn't anything bothering me" Gilda said. Y/n and Emma let out a deep breath. "I-I appreciate you frequently checking in on me out of your concern " Emma and y/ns eyes widened. "That's correct, I'm worried" "but I'm okay now. So you can leave me alone..." Gilda said. Wide smiles beamed on Y/n and Emma's faces. "So please excuse me" Gilda said walking to the door. "Ah, I see so Emma has told you everything?" Krone asked causing Gilda to freeze. Krone twirled around and stood at Gildas side with a creepy smile spread across her face. "You know about everything now don't you?" Krone asked again. Gildas eyes were glued to the floor. Emma and y/n were listening closely at the door with a nervous sweat. "That's too bad Gilda. I really did think that we could become the best of friends... so who else knows? Ray , Norman , Emma and - oh so do you know about the special product?" Krone asked spinning in a circle for a moment before she put a hand on Gildas cheek. "I'll let you off the hook , so why don't we join sides?" Krone asked.

Gilda pushed Krone away from her leaving Krone surprised. "Please stop this! I have no clue what you are talking about! I just had a fight with Emma but we made up. So everything is okay now!" Gilda shouted.

Krone plastered a smile on her face. "I see. My apologies Gilda" Krone said leaning down and whispering In her ear: "if you think Emma is lying to you. Come back to me"

Emma and y/n quietly ran back into their bedroom before Gilda could see them. A few moments later Gilda left Krones room and walked back into the girls bedroom to be met with Y/n and Emma waiting for her inside. Gildas eyes widened. "Y/n, Emma..." she said looking at the two girls. "Gilda.." the two girls said at the same time. Gilda ran up to the two girls and gave them a group hug as she started to sob. Krone was in her room and stared at the door turning her hands into fists. "I'm
Not giving up yet..."

It was the next day and everyone was playing outside. Emma y/n and Gilda were watching Sister Krone carefully. "Let's go, Mama is watching" Emma said.

Most of the older kids were doing the washing. Ray and Norman were washing shirts in a basin by the house. "According to what Emma told me , Gilda is innocent" Norman said "yeah y/n told me that too" Ray replied scrubbing a shirt with a sponge in the water. "Hey Ray, I wonder why traitors betray others..." Norman asked "Maybe it's because there is something in it for them , maybe the prevention of being shipped out " Ray said
"A guaranteed life, huh?" Norman asked himself.

Emma and Y/n were running through the forest with a bunch of the children. "Come on you guys!" Y/n called. Gilda and Don watched from afar. "So this was all training..." Don said.

Eventually it became evening at the house and it was time to make preparations for dinner. Y/n was waiting in the hall for Emma. They were going to make measurements of Mamas room. They suspected a secret room and wanted evidence. "Y/n?" A voice asked from behind her "AH- oh my gosh Ray don't scare me like that" She said surprised by Rays presence. "What? Did I give you a fright?" He teased "no I wasn't scared" y/n said nervously. He just patted her on the head "what are you even doing here ?" He asked the (e/c) eyed girl. "I was just waiting for Emma we wanted to do something that could help with the plan" she said with a smile "Right, well it's my turn to cook dinner so I'm going to the kitchen. Do you want to help me?" He asked "I can't! I promised Emma I would help her" "That's fine I guess, I'll just go cook by myself in the kitchen" he said walking off "I'll probably burn myself with the hot oil or something , maybe even burn all the food" He continued as he slowly walked down the hall. Y/n walked up to him. "Stop guilt tripping me!" Y/n shouted at the boy. "No it's okay, I'll probably burn the whole dinner anyways maybe the house too while I'm at it" "you liar! Fine I'll go with you" y/n said annoyed. Ray smiled at the girl.

When the two reached the kitchen they put on their aprons and got to work. "So what's on the menu tonight , Chef?" Y/n joked, pulling out some chopping boards from the shelf. "Grilled chicken sandwiches and salad" He replied as he started cutting an onion on the chopping board y/n put on the counter. "Okay let's get to work!" Y/n said with a smile.

Y/n decided to get to work on the salad by chopping up lettuce and tomato , putting them into a bowl and washing them. Ray started grilling and seasoning the chicken in a pan. Y/n drizzled dressing on the salad and prepared the plates. "Is the chicken done yet?" Y/n asked Ray from across the kitchen. "Yeah! Can you get the bread?" "Mhm!" Y/n went into the pantry and grabbed three loaves of homemade bread.

Ray platted the chicken onto a tray and started cutting them into strips. "Okay the chicken is ready for sandwiches" he said.

"Alright give me a sec!" y/n shouted from halfway across the room. She was cutting the bread into slices. As she was cutting the bread she didn't even realise the arms that wrapped around her waist hugging her from the back. "Thanks for helping me" Ray said kissing her on the cheek. Y/ns face turned pink. "Of course!" She said with a smile as he let of her go to make the sandwiches.

After a few minutes y/n rang the bell to signal dinner was ready. As soon as Emma came into the room y/n ran up to her. "Sorry I abandoned the plan, Ray basically forced me to go cook dinner with him" Y/n rolled her eyes. "Oh that's okay! Rays becoming very clingy I see" Emma said as she nudged y/n with a smirk. "WHA-?!"'y/n said loudly as her face turned red.

Finally, everybody sat down and started eating. "This is so good!" Emma said stuffing her face with a sandwich. "It's just sandwiches and salad.." y/n said with a small giggle. "This tastes awesome! Princesses and Knights cook the best food!" Yvette said and Jemima nodded in agreement. Ray and Y/n snickered at the comment while Emma and Norman sat there confused.

After everything was put away and washed up. and everyone left the dining hall Norman and Emma stayed behind.
"Emma I want to ask you something" Norman said standing in front of Emma. "Yeah?" Emma asked "what if there is someone willingly being an agent to the demons and by spying on us , they are guaranteed to continue living?" "You mean, in exchange for information from spying on us they won't get shipped out and can live?" Emma asked. Norman nodded " would you chose to leave that person behind or take them with us when we escape?"

Emma thought for a moment putting a hand on her chin. "I'd take them with us of course!" Emma answered. "Even if they didn't want to?" Norman asked "I'd force them to go with us. Because if we escape then their life might not be guaranteed anymore." She said. Norman's eyes widened "Also, I want to believe after all. When y/n and I heard Gilda it made me realise that. Ray told us to suspect everyone , but even if there's a traitor who is the demons agent , no one within our family is truly a bad person. We are family after all. " Norman smiled at the Orange haired girl as she continued to speak "Even if that person gets in the way, betrays us or says I'm naive, I want to believe in that person!" Emma finished with a smile. " of course you would say that " Norman said as a smile grew on his face.

Later that night Ray and Norman were inspecting the bathroom ceiling to see if the rope was there. Norman pulled down a brown bag from a tile in the ceiling and handed it to Ray who opened it to reveal the rope still there. Gilda was no longer a suspected traitor though Emma and Y/n already proved that.

The two boys then made their way to their bedroom. Norman checked under his bed for the bag of the rope but...it was missing.
"So?" Ray asked looking down at Norman who shook his head and stood up. "Nothing" "seriously?" Ray asked "So then it's confirmed it's Don then" He finished. Norman nodded his head. "Yeah" Norman Said. Ray smirked and looked to the side but Norman walked over to the boy. "Actually Ray, it's you. You're the traitor" Norman said leaving Ray in surprise.