STAGGERING (TH AU)

💕Taehyung x Reader
✏️ Non-canon, Smut, Mafia AU
⚠️Explicit smut, death threats, violence

This one-shot is inspired by a story that I'm writing called Sandman. I will post it only for paid members once it's finished. (Memberships won't be available until I the story is completed)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~T~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You love the visual aspect of Kim's Manor. The changes Namjoon made after their father died, to make it more in his style, has paid off. The sun bathes the stone walls outside retaining the warmth and somehow when you lean on them in the late afternoon, they feel like you are leaning against the man himself.

That's not all; the place is much greener, a lot less rigid than his father's aesthetic. But it still holds a majestic escence that simply seems to flow through them like the blue blood flows through the Min's veins.

Past the entrance hall, the interior makes you feel at home, but as you step in through the magnificent hardwood door, the first welcome to the house gives of "don't get too comfortable" vibes. Adequate, to get uninvited guests in and out in record time.

Two, also magnificent, spiral sets of stairs lead to the first floor, guarded at the top by men in black suits. Down, there's a double door in between and in front of it, two regal navy-blue, velvet sofas that look as comfortable to sit on as they are; hard cushoned surfices, beautiful to look at but nothing else. However, it is the emptiness of the space and the white walls that make you feel like you are not expected to stay.

His office is on the left, the only double doors on that side, with a toilet room. Although, outside, there's another one for the guests that almost hides behind the spiral set of stairs at that side. On the right, is access to the visitor's garden, where a couple fountains let water fall over a pebbled pond with Koi fish the size of your forearm and some different indigenous species that are way too freshly put in for you to have had the time to learn.

The double door in between the stairs, rigid and uninviting as it looks, it's the first opening to the comforts of the house.

It leads to the kitchen with a private chef and a table for four. The dining room is on the right, after a set of french doors, with an impressive table of eighteen seats, only used in special events, needless to say.

A long hallway leads to the private gardens, on the left. On the right, at the end, an integrated door matching the walls leads to Namjoon's private art gallery, where you have been spending your free time the last couple of days. Trying to skip the reality you live in, the few hours you are allowed to do so; maybe even trying to skip the princess-like treatment you get in this house, you let the art speak to you in whispers.

It makes you uncomfortable, to say the least, to be helped out of your shoes when you come back from outside. Unfortunately, you know Namjoon's mannerism doesn't allow him to offer less from his house service.

As a teenager it used to make you fly away, forget the calamities befalling on your destiny. But after so many years of not being a family guest, it just reminds you of how easy things were when they looked so complicated; when you didn't know or do all that you have.

The nostalgia has your attention on the gloomy paintings of Namjoon's little museum. But it is this one particular painting that has you fixated. It's not new, you had set your eyes on it briefly before, six months ago, when you noticed things had been moved around. That's how long it's been since you last stepped in the house, you realise and your vision blurs before you flicker your lashes to take in the painting once again.

It's the Water Lily Pond by Claude Monet that sure has cost Namjoon a pretty penny. Whatever they have displayed at the museum is a replica. This time, well known by the government, since they never purchased the original. They think the original burned, when it was simply never meant for the public by its last owner.