ROUGAROU - THE HUNT

Jungkook whiffed the air as you moved through the room, the wind moving through it transporting the particles of your scent straight up to his brain through his nostrils

Jungkook whiffed the air as you moved through the room, the wind moving through it transporting the particles of your scent straight up to his brain through his nostrils. His smell was distinguishable to you too, but instead of giving in to the first urge to approach, you kept your way towards the balcony, by the hand of your best friend Yuuki.

Taehyung however did follow his instinct and pulled his friend away while Jungkook's eyes stayed fixed on you, unable, in any way, to control himself. He growled slightly when his elder took him away by the arm. It wasn't until they were in the next room and Namjoon closed the door, that Jungkook's eyes changed and his canines peaked out from behind his lips. Fur starting to prickle on his back like scruff.

"Jungkook, you must calm down," suggested the tall man, putting his dominance on display. Jungkook growled again.

"Have you smelled her!?" A sort of whiny sound followed his question. "It's her, hyung!" Seokjin, who had been in the room before they busted in, looked at his youngest and, putting the book he was reading aside, served himself some wine.

"We have. We can all recognise the smell," he spoke after a sip. "And how you left our party to go chase her," he emphasised, "You can't act like this. You can't start the coming of age ceremony losing your composure like this. We are civilised people, Jungkook," he concluded, taking another sip.

"Yeah. You don't want to give the humans more excuses to believe that the Alpha-Omega-Beta thing is real," pointed out Taehyung, crossing his arms. "There's plenty of them here, today." He emphasised with a stern face.

The twenty-year-old, however, was having a hard time not shape-shifting and coming after you, like a crazy teenager with its first urges to mate. It drove him even more mad, the lack of self-control the coming red moon was influencing him and how a one-time play-hunt had him howling in the mountains like a wounded soul.

To help ease the heat crawling under his skin, he disappeared into the private bathroom attached to the library to splash some water on his face and neck. Feeling a little better, he made his way back out, intent on at least being near you to find out if he could court you or at least get a dose of you, to get some peace.

In your case, your mother had warned you about what were the event's secret intentions. 'A matchmaker,' you thought, with slight disgust. 'An excuse to bring together the packs. The reason why they delayed some of our ceremonies and made us hold them with the humans...' You felt hot and had that itchiness under your skin, known to be the moon enhancing your fury, even if she wasn't visible in the clear blue sky.

Yuuki passed you a plate at the same moment Jungkook walked back into the room and you almost dropped it. The image of him pulling his hair back with its undercut, the way his muscles pressed against the not-so-needed wool jumper, pinning your attention to him. His scent, sent to you with the motion, was mixed with the undried water on his neck and came to you stronger, suddenly striking the need to run away. You almost did, only stopped by the arm of your father on your back, who had approached without you noticing.