«|2|» 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑇𝑊𝐼𝑁𝑆

"I did" As Mr

"I did" As Mr. Hamdaani was facing me, i could see his changing expression. Once his angry eyes now darkened at the voice and hands clenched in a tight fist.

I furrowned and tilted my head to look at the source of his darkened eyes. My frown deepened as i saw Mrs. Hamdaani. Why the sudden change in expression at his mother's voice?

"Who allowed you to poke your nose in my business"? His voice was murderous as he fully turned to his mother. So damn rude!

In this 25 seconds face off,
Mrs. Hamdaani's stern expression didn't changed "Are you sure that it's your business?" She asked arching her right eyebrow and with that i felt a drop in temperature. She exhaled a deep breath before uttering seriously "I am not here for any type of argument, let's talk in your study, shall we"?

Mr. Hamdaani didn't uttered a single word, he just turned and walked upstairs with his clenched hands and sore, dark expressions. Following him Mrs. Hamdaani too walked upstairs.

I took a deep breath which i didn't knew i was holding till now. Finally the tension from before subsided a bit "Sorry Dear i have to leave you here alone. I am going to prepare some snacks for Mrs. Hamdaani" I turned as i heard Mrs. Khalid's voice.

Should i leave or not? Nevertheless, I passed her a smile before replying politely "It's okay Mrs. Khalid! I will be alright alone"

"Have a seat and i will send you another cup of tea as this is cold now" saying this she made her way towards kitchen and i sat down as i nodded my head to no one in particular.

In no time, a hot cup of tea was placed infront of me, I mumbled a small thank you with a smile and picked up the cup.

As i was going to take a sip, i heard a beautiful baby voice yelling in the hallway "I am back home"

"Jeez zimal. Can you not do this everyday"? I turned and saw a boy around 5 or 6 years with fingers in his ears and scrunched face. Next to him was a little girl of same age as him in a very cute blue uniform. Well both were in uniforms and were holding school bags.

These two must be the children of Mr. Hamdaani. Zaroon and Zimal "It's not my problem that you are boring" Zimal replied sassyly whereas zaroon glared at her. I see, on the footsteps of his father.

My lips curled in a wide smile as i stood up and walked towards them. They both turned maybe because they heard my footsteps "Who are you"? Zaroon was the first one to ask. His voice was stern, eyebrows were furrowed together and eyes were judging.

I raised both my brows at him. Photocopy of his father, Zaroon had spoken the exact same words as Mr. Hamdaani "I am your......new friend" I don't know what to say other than this, I doubt Mr. Hamdaani will hire me.