bah humbug - price

"Do you have any Christmas traditions, Ghost?" I asked out of curiosity. I turned my head to look at him, pausing the task of unraveling the garland that I was going to put up. There were Christmas decorations littered all around me where I sat on the floor.

"I used to take my nephew out to see the decorated houses with some hot chocolate." Ghost answered. It was more than I was expecting. I thought I'd only get a shake of a head or a grunt.

"We can do hot cocoa." I smiled at him. "So we've got Ghost's hot cocoa. Gaz likes the mistletoe and making cookies. And we will do Soap's matching pajamas and open one present on Christmas Eve. What about you Captain?" I asked Price.

Price turned to look at us. Gaz was excitedly pulling out decorations with me and Soap was trying to put up the tree.

"Uh, no," Price said.

"Huh?"

"No traditions. I haven't celebrated in years. Don't know why you're going through all this trouble for just another day." He stated.

"It's Christmas!" Gaz said in shock.

"Well, you can make a tradition with us!" I smiled at him as I placed the decorations on a shelf. I gasped before turning to him and rushing over to grab his hand. "You can dress up as Santa and hand out the gifts! That's something my family did pretty much every year when I was younger. You've got the beard and you like your hats and-"

"Uh," he hesitated, looking down at me holding his hand. My eyes trailed down and noticed, causing my cheeks to heat up, but I didn't move them.

"Please?" I asked in a quiet voice. The others were looking at him.

"No. I don't think so." He grumbled before grabbing his mug and walking out of the room. I stood for a moment when he had moved past me. My hands fell and I took a deep breath, trying to think of anything other than how the man I had been in love with for the past 11 months had practically just shattered my heart.

"Lucky?" Soap called out softly.

I sighed and turned around. Forcing a smile, I waved it off and got back to decorating. "I guess I can dress up as Santa. The suit is going to be too big but we can make it work."

"He's just being a Scrooge. Don't let him get to you." Soap said. Gaz nodded from where he sat.

—-

I had spent the next few days leading up to Christmas doing all the fun traditions with everyone. It was important to me. I wanted to make everyone feel at home and happy.

It was fun. I liked getting a glimpse into everyone's life. Even Ghost seemed to be having fun. I could see the little wrinkles in the corners of his eyes that indicated he was smiling.

I had given each of my teammates a kiss on the cheek under the mistletoe, except for Price who seemed to be avoiding me. I had been nagging him about joining in on the traditions and dressing up, but he still insisted on being a Grinch.

I had managed to pull him over to the couch to sit and watch a Christmas movie with us. I sat in between him and Soap. I had seen the movie more times than I could count so I was practically mouthing the words as they were being spoken.

When the movie finished Price stood up to leave.

"Wait!" I called out. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "We get to open one present tonight," I told him.

With a sigh, he sat back down on the couch.

I got up and handed the presents I had gotten to each of them. I sat down on the couch and waited excitedly for them to start tearing the wrapping paper.