a promise - soap

"Is that the last cookie?" Soap's eyes narrowed looking at me.

My eyes slowly flickered up to look at him. My mouth hung open as the cookie was halfway to my mouth. I lowered my book to the table I was sitting at Soap took a step forward and was now standing behind the couch.

I blinked at him, the corner of my mouth itching and turning up slightly.

"Don't smirk at me, bonnie." He warned, his smile forming. I felt shivers run through my body. The Scotsman made me nervous sometimes but I always felt happiest when I was with him. "Answer my question. Is that the last cookie?"

I blinked at him once more. In my peripheral, I could see Gaz, Alejandro, and Rudy watching with anticipation. Ghost glanced to look for a moment where he sat on the couch. My eyes flickered from Soap's to his and he gave me a quick nod.

My smile grew further and in a split second before Soap could react I shoved the entire cookie in my mouth, chewing and swallowing fast. Soap's eyes grew wide in shock. In a simple, no-thought reaction, Soap grabbed one of the pillows from the couch launching it in my direction.

I dodged it, falling out of my chair, and scrambling to my feet as Soap charged me with another pillow in his hand. I laughed wildly as I moved as quickly as I could. The three onlookers cheered whoever they were rooting for as Soap and I ran circles around the room.

"Get back here, bonnie!" Soap yelled.

I panted doing what I could to stay out of his reach. Only thing was, Soap seemed to know all my moves. Having spent over a year on the same task force, I guess he was paying attention to my habits. I cursed myself for not paying more attention to his.

"Fuck." I mumbled, being backed into a corner. Soap took slow steps towards me, waiting for me to lunge one way or another. One way or another? I looked left and then right. It seemed like I only had two choices before I realized I had a third.

I smiled and charged towards him as fast and as hard as I could. Soap's eyes widened in shock. His knees bent slightly, preparing for me to slam right into him. He raised his arm to throw the pillow at me. When he chucked it I dove head-first to the floor, sliding between his legs before pushing myself back up.

I jumped up and down in celebration. "Miss me, miss me! Now you gotta ki-" I cheered like a little kid, stopping myself when I realized what I was about to say. My eyes were wide and my cheeks felt like they were literally burning.

"Now I gotta what?" Soap said cocky and confident as ever. I turned around to see he had a shit-eating grin painted on his face and his arms were crossed. He sure liked it when I got flustered.

"Nothing. Forget it." I spat.

"No, no, no, bonnie. Now I gotta what?" He asked, the thick Scottish accent making my heart pound. I could hear the others, minus Ghost, giggling at us.

"I, uh," I stuttered, backing away from Soap's slowly approaching form. It wasn't that I didn't want to kiss him. I was just afraid that if he kissed me, I wouldn't be able to live the rest of my life not being able to kiss him again. There was no way he liked me like that. He just liked to tease and joke around.

Soap's smile fell and he stood up straighter. I was confused as to why until I felt my back press into someone else.

I quickly turned around to come face to face with Price, whose eyebrow was raised, questioning what was going on. "Sorry, Captain," I mumbled.

Price ordered us to all meet him in the room where we discussed upcoming missions. I nodded, unable to meet his eye due to embarrassment. It felt like my dad had just caught me talking to a boy past curfew.