stars in her eyes - rudy

graphic descriptions of fighting/injury. 

--- 

"Rudy!" She called out. His eyes closed and he kept walking, hoping she would move on quickly.

"Rudy! Rudy, Rudy, Rudy! Rodolfo!" She called quickly, running up to him. She grabbed his arm and held on tightly. His heart began to pound as he smiled down at her, to which she was already smiling brightly at him.

"Yes, (y/n)?" He asked. It was no secret that Rudy was quiet and shy. He had always been that way. It was never a big deal though because his best friend would always speak up for him. His best friend whose sister seemed to never want to leave him alone. The same sister who was the reason for the immense guilt that sat heavy in his stomach due to the massive crush he had been harboring for the past year.

He tried so long to deny it. Tried so hard to convince himself that he didn't like her in that way. He couldn't do that to Alejandro. He couldn't do that to his best friend.

"What are you doing tonight?" She asked cheerfully as they continued to walk along the path of the base. Her head rested comfortably on his arm and he longed for every day to be like this. He wanted so badly to call her his and have her annoy him to the ends of the Earth every day. He really would do anything for her if she asked.

"I don't know." He answered honestly.

"Oh good!" Her smile seemed to grow. He raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Wanna come with me to watch the stars? There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight and it's supposed to be really beautiful and-"

She continued to ramble on and on. He was more than happy to oblige. "Yes, of course." He agreed. When he saw Alejandro ahead he tried to gently pull his arm away, but she wouldn't budge.

"Leave Rudy alone, hermanita." Alejandro told her.

She rolled her eyes. "I will have you know that Rodolfo likes me more than you." She snapped at her big brother.

Rudy blushed. She was the opposite of him in every way. She was confident, loud, someone full of spit fire and not afraid to snap at people. She was loyal to a fault, ready to die for those she cared about. Rudy knew deep down there was a rage to her, if pushed too far the chains would snap and there would be no stopping her until she decided it was over.

And he loved that about her. He loved everything about her. He liked being the one she came to when she needed to calm down. He liked how he was seemingly the one to bring her back to reality, to ground her. He liked that she wanted to be around him.

She continued to bicker with her brother and Alejandro couldn't help but give the same energy back. They weren't even talking about Rudy anymore, but like typical siblings, they couldn't let the other win the argument.

She had dropped his arm to wildly throw her arms around as she continued to raise her voice, even going as far as to poke harshly at Alejandro's chest. Rudy knew this could go on forever, and they didn't exactly have all day for sibling quarrels. They had to go over some of the plans for the mission that was coming up.

"Jesus Christ, Alejandro! ¡Ni siquiera sabes de lo que hablas! Eres muy molesto. ¡Deja de ser tan denso!" She spat at him. (You don't even know what you're talking about. You're so annoying. Stop being so stupid!)

"¿Soy estúpido? Vete a la mierda! ¡Eres solo un niño pequeño y aburrido! Estas siendo ridiculo." Alejandro added. (I am stupid? Fuck off! You're just a tiresome little kid! You are being ridiculous.)

Rudy gently placed a hand on her shoulder before she could say anything else. Her face was red with anger. She stiffened under is touch but held her tongue.