bad gut feeling - soap

Trigger Warning: sexual assault, creepy guy feeling y/n up, y/n is drugged/roofied 

pls take care of yourself and if you cant read this chapter please dont

---

The door looked bigger. I had gone through that door a million times. Well, not a million, but definitely more times than I could count. Enough times to know that the door didn't usually seem this big, didn't usually feel this intimidating.

I wasn't even in trouble this time. I had walked through that door to go over missions, to debrief, to be yelled at, praised, handed a weapon, and told to do my job. The room was familiar and usually somewhat comforting, but something was wrong.

My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to get over the alarm bells ringing in my head. I had a bad gut feeling, and my gut was never wrong.

"You coming in?" Gaz asked, walking up next to me.

"I think it's going to rain," I muttered, my eyes never leaving the door. Gaz looked up at the clouds that darkened the sky.

"I suppose it could," Gaz agreed. "Better get inside to avoid it then."

I nodded and hummed in response. Taking a deep breath, my eyes finally ripped from the door to meet his. I returned the smile that he was giving me.

"I'll be right in."

Gaz nodded and made his way inside.

Just moments later Soap came to stand next to me. He looked back and forth between me and the door, which I was once again looking at with disdain.

"You okay?"

"I think something is wrong. I have a bad gut feeling." I answered honestly.

Soap nodded and stood next to me. I knew he wouldn't leave until I was ready to. For just a few moments longer I stood there, trying to figure out what could possibly go wrong. The world wasn't going to end if I entered the room, so why was my body screaming at me to run the other way?

With a sigh, I took a step forward. Soap followed my lead. "If your gut feeling turns out to be true, which it won't, but if it does, I'll be there to help. I'm not gonna let anything bad happen to ya."

I stopped and looked at him. I studied his face as intently as I had been staring at the door. His eyes showed no indication of a lie.

"You promise?"

"Nothing bad is going to happen. I promise."

I nodded again and made my way inside. Price shuffled around some papers as the others stood waiting for everything to start.

Price cleared his throat, he seemed uneasy. It was like he felt guilty for what he was about to say.

"We've received intel that a cartel a couple of towns over is in possession of military weapons, nukes, and a new dangerous drug that they plan to sell. We think that they are tied to Hassan." Price started to explain.

"We don't know where any of these are being held, so we need to get that information sooner rather than later." He continued. So far everything seemed to be relatively normal in terms of a mission.

"There is a gala being held by the head of the cartel. We will have to send someone in undercover." Price said. He was avoiding my eye contact. There it is.

"And-" He guiltily looked up at me.

"Shit," I said under my breath.

"Not ideal, but-" Kate Laswell said walking into the room.