Another Monday

The sound of my alarm clock woke me up at 6 o'clock am. Ugh it's Monday, I immediately thought. I actually like going to school though. I get away from my parents.

As I walked down the hallway and looked out the window, I noticed the car was gone. Left for work again, I thought. I decided to take a shower. After that I put on my favorite New York City shirt, black skinny jeans, and my pink converse. I straightened my hair and put on my makeup. Eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. The normal stuff.

I walked in the kitchen and to my surprise, I saw Dad. "Hey honey," he said in his white tank top and black sweatpants. "What's for breakfast?" I asked. "I made eggs and bacon for you," he replied handing me my plate. "Oh yeah, and when you are done eating Ashley, you need to take that makeup off. You look like a clown." "Geez Dad, thanks for your honesty."

After I finished eating, I went to the bathroom and took all of my makeup off. Grabbing my makeup, I threw it in my Pink plaid Transport bookbag. I walked in the kitchen watching my dad eat his food. "I'll take you to school today." "Dad, mom lets me walk to school," I complained. He hates me "walking the streets."

He scolded at me "You are too young to walk to school. You know how I feel about that." "Okay whatever," I shrugged him off and walked out the door to the car.

I changed the station to some rap. It was Nicki Minaj- Truffle Butter. I started singing the lyrics when Dad nearly choked. "What the hell is this?" He demanded. "You are not allowed to sing this stuff Ashley, I don't know what's wrong with you, but this is ridiculous!" "Dad! It's just a song. Everybody listens to this music and I don't see you yelling at them."
"I am not their father, I'm yours."

We drove up to the school and I opened to door before Dad even stopped the car. I was so mad at him. He overreacts over everything. "In a rush to get inside?" He laughed. "Yeah, I have to turn this paper in before the bell rings," I lied. I was really going to the bathroom to put my makeup back on. "Okay, have a good day at school," he smiled at me. "It's always fun here," I said sarcastically. With that Dad drove down the street and back home.

Leaving the bathroom with my makeup fully on, I started walking to homeroom so I wouldn't be marked as absent. "Hey girl," Maya said walking to me. "I texted you, but you didn't answer me." Looking at my iPhone 5 I saw the notification indicating that Maya did text me. "Oh, I must have had my phone on silent or something," I shrugged. "I need to get to homeroom before Mr. Baffer marks me absent," I started rushing down the hall. Maya followed me saying "I already told him you were here." "Thank God!" I exclaimed.

Maya and I were walking to homeroom when I felt someone grab me from behind. Instantly turning around I saw my boyfriend Matt. "Hey, you scared me!" I said playfully hitting his arm. Without saying a word he kissed me. His lips were so soft and so sweet. Every Time he touched me I felt my body exploding. I love him so much. He understands everything about me.

Pulling away from me he looked me in my eyes "I missed you so much this weekend babe. Don't ever leave me alone like that again." "talk about eww!" Maya said making coughing noises.
"Maya! You're are so jealous!" I exclaimed.
"Haha no I am so not!"
"Whatever Maya lets go" I said grabbing Matt's hand.

My 1st period class is gym so that's where Matt and I were heading. I have every class with Matt except 3rd period. I have 4 periods total, plus lunch.

Walking through the gym doors I went to the girls locker room to change my clothes. The school makes us wear gray shirts and maroon shorts to represent our school colors. Getting dressed in the locker room I heard girls talking about Matt. "Did you hear that he made out with another girl at that party Saturday night?" "Omg yes! Ashley can't know though. That will destroy her!" I couldn't tell who the voices were, but they were definitely talking about my Matt.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I had a million questions. Who had a party on Saturday night? I had to talk to Maya. I quickly went in the bathroom and called Maya on my phone. She was mad when she answered me. "Dude what the hell!? I almost got in trouble! I had to go to the bathroom near the Cafeteria!"
"Sorry Maya. Who had a party on Saturday night?"
"Seriously Ashley? You're calling me about a party!"
"I just need to know who had a party." I was getting aggravated.
"Uhm it was Paige. You know how her party's go. Her parents aren't home and there's always alcohol."
"Why wasn't I invited?" I said dramatically.
"I don't know. Listen I gotta go back to class before Mr. Baffer gets suspicious. Bye!"
That was it. She just hung up like that. I wasn't in the mood to go back out there. I am so stupid I thought. I stayed in the locker room until the bell rang. I didn't know what to think. I could just act sick and have Mom pick me up I thought. I went to the bathroom again and put hot water on my forehead and started to breathe heavy.

I walked to the nurse and nearly collapsed. I am a very good actress I thought. The nurse came rushing to me and asked how I was feeling. "I threw up in the bathroom. I don't feel good at all." Fake tears were in the corner of my eyes. "Okay, okay. I'll call your parents and have them pick you up." The nurse rushed in the other room to make phone calls.

About 15 minutes later Mom came to pick me up. We walked to the car and I got in. I threw my bookbag on the back seat I then put my seatbelt on. "Ashley, I can't stay home with you. Your father and I need to find this house to arrest this guy. How do you feel now?"
"I have a really bad headache," I lied. I stared out the window as Mom drove down the street to our house.
"When we get home I will make you tea and you take some Tylenol young lady," she said sternly. "I understand Mom."

Mom handed me a cup of hot tea when we got home. "Stay on the couch Ashley. It's closer to the bathroom if you need to use it again. I don't want to clean up a mess when I get home."
"Okay," I whispered. She kissed my forehead and went back to work.
As soon as I heard her car leave I turned the tv on and locked the front door. I looked at my phone and saw 13 messages and 3 missed phone calls. 6 messages from Maya, 4 from Matt, and 3 from mom. I texted Maya and Matt back telling them that I got sick. And I just ignored my mom.

About 4 hours later Mom called me and said that she and Dad had to work undercover over night. "Okay Mom." I said through my phone. "Rollins is coming to pick you up. You are staying with her for the night," she said. "Mom! I can handle myself! I am 14 years old!" I complained. "You are still a child and until you are an adult, you listen to me and your father. I gotta go," mom said quickly. "Bye," I sighed. I packed my clothes, my phone charger, and my toothbrush.

20 minutes later, Amanda knocked on the door and I opened the door with my bags. She looked at me and half smiled. "You ready?"