Meet up

Olivia's POV

Ashley and I got dressed and went to Sears, then the mall. Ashley went into all of her favorite stores. Aeropostale, Rue 21, Hollister, and Pacsun.
"Let's go to Panera Bread," Ashley said excitedly.
"Okay," I said. I just wanted to go home. All our new furniture was going to get delivered in a couple days.

We sat down at Panera Bread and we both got a salad. I was almost done with my salad when someone walked up to us.
"Olivia Benson. It's been a while." Said the familiar voice.
"Brian! How's everything?" I stood up and hugged him.
"It's good. I work undercover now. And who's this young lady?" He said gesturing to Ashley.
"That's my daughter Ashley, she'll be 15 in January."
"Well she looks just like you, I bet all the guys are after her," he smiled. I laughed. Ashley looked uncomfortable.
"Well I gotta go. Here's my number. We can catch up sometime okay?" He said.
"Yeah definitely, it was nice seeing you." I smiled. "Let's go," I said to Ashley.

We got in the car and I drove out of the parking lot.
"Who was that?" Ashley said, not pleased.
"His name is Brian Cassidy, he worked at the unit when I first started there." I said.
"Oh, why'd he get fired?" She challenged.
"Ashley! I'm not sure what happened exactly, but he works undercover now. That's really dangerous. That's where Nick worked before he came to SVU." I said matter-of-factly.
"He looks grungy, did you see him? His pants were dirty, he had a leather jacket on, and he had on cowboy boots!"
"Ashley, to work undercover you have to play the part. It's like acting."
"Well, he looks dirty."
"He's actually a really nice guy," I said remembering what we had in the past.
"I don't approve," she said. I laughed.
"I don't need your approval! And besides, he's just a friend."
"A friend that I've never even heard of, let alone met." She shot back.
"You just met him, so it's okay. Nick and Amanda don't know him, but Fin does."
"What about Dad?" She asked.
"Uhh, he didn't like him that much, but he knew him."
"Why didn't he like him?"
"Ashley, it's complicated. Drop it," I warned. "We need to stop at the precinct and get some files."
"Okay."

Ashley's POV

We both walked in the precinct and she went to the filing cabinet.
"Hey Fin," I said.
"Hey Pipsqueak, what's happening?" He said looking up from his laptop.
"Do you know Brian Cassidy?"
"Brian Cassidy? Yeah, why?" He said uneasy.
"Mom and I ran into him today and he gave Mom his number."
"Oh, well um, your mom and him had a thing, but nothing serious."
"A thing? So that's why she told me to drop it!"
"Ashley, maybe you shouldn't tell Liv I told you that," he said starting to get worried. I laughed.
"Let's go," Mom said walking in.

We got home and I went to my room. I played with Taylor for a while until I got bored.
"Ashley, get dressed into something nice!" Mom yelled from her room. I walked in her room and saw her try to zip up her black dress. I walked up behind her and zipped it up.
"Where are we going?" I asked.
"We're having dinner with Brian," she said. I stared at her, testing her. Did she really get over my dad this fast?
"Put on your red dress with those tiny heels," she said. I groaned and went to my room. I threw on the dress and squeezed on my heels. The dress had one strap on the right shoulder and it had ruffles going all the way down. The dress stopped mid thigh. I went to the bathroom and put on very little makeup. I went back to my mom's room and she was pacing back and forth.
"What's wrong?" I asked annoyed.
"What if he wants to come inside? We have no furniture!"
"I'm sure if you tell him that Dad took everything, he'd understand." I said sympathetically.
"You're right," she sighed.
"When are we leaving?"
"He's coming to pick us up," she smiled. Great, I thought sarcastically.

Brian knocked on the door 20 minutes later. I opened the door and rolled my eyes.
"Mom!" I yelled. She ran to the door.
"Sorry, I hope I didn't take too long," she smiled at him. I rolled my eyes again and looked at him. He does clean up nice, he was wearing a black suit and a red tie.
"No, Ashley kept me company," he smiled at me. Mom looked at me and smiled. He helped Mom and I in his car and we went to some fancy restaurant I've never been before.

Olivia's POV

We were seated at a booth. We all ordered a water and started talking.
"So Ashley, where do you go to school at?" Brian asked her.
"I'm home schooled." She said shortly.
"Aren't you lucky, did you ever go to a school before?" He asked.
"Yeah." She said. Ashley was making me so mad. He was trying to talk to her and she's basically ignoring him.
"So what's it like working undercover?" I asked changing the subject.
"It's not that bad, but it has its challenges. How's SVU? Is everyone still there?" He asked.
"Captain and Munch left. Fin is still there and we got 2 newbies."
"What about Stabler?" He asked. I looked at Ashley. She looked up at me, wanting to know the answer herself.
"Uhh, there's some unsettled stuff that we need to go over," I said taking a sip of my water.
"Oh," he said awkwardly.
"Yeah, it's no big deal," I said. Ashley got up.
"I'm going to the bathroom," she said. She walked away and I put my hand on my head.
"Sorry about her, it's been a long couple months."
"What happened?" He asked alarmed.
"Ashley was raped by a boy from school, that's why she's homeschooled now. Then she started sneaking around with her boyfriend Matt. They went to a party and Elliot caught them almost having sex. Then Elliot kicked her out and she stayed at Amanda's for a couple days. Elliot left yesterday and took all of the furniture with him. We just bought new furniture and I bought a bed today." I said looking down. "It's been rough on Ashley, Elliot left because of her."
"Liv I'm so sorry. You guys can stay at my house until your house if fully furnished again." He said sincerely.
"I might hit you up on that," I smiled. I'm starting to remember why I really fell for him. He's a bad boy. I laughed silently at the thought.
"You okay?" I asked Ashley.
"Yeah," she smiled. I knew the smile was fake. We ate dinner and talked for a little longer. We got in the car and Brian started driving.
"Where to?" He asked. "Your house or mine?" He said smiling.
"Let's go to yours," I said.
"I have clothes for you and Ashley to wear. The clothes aren't girly but I hope it'll be okay Ash," he said.
"It's fine," she said flatly. Brian looked at me and laughed.
"What's so funny?"
"She acts just like you!" He exclaimed. I thought about that. She's so headstrong. She has long brown hair and big brown eyes. She has moments when she acts just like Elliot, but she's definitely a mini me. I fought for her. Elliot left. How could he leave his family like that? Oh well, I'm not going to waste my time about something I can't change.
"We're here," he said opening his door. Ashley and I got out and followed him in his apartment building. We walked through his apartment door and I was taken back by how amazing everything looked. White walls, gray and black furniture. There was even a fireplace! The fireplace had stone around it. Everything was perfectly placed.
"Woah," Ashley said.
"Working undercover has its benefits," Brian laughed. "Ashley, your room is here and Olivia, your room is right across from hers."
"How many bedrooms do you have?" Ashley exclaimed. Brian laughed.
"Only 4."
"Only? This place is unbelievable!" She said.
"I'm impressed," I said.
"Thanks, I have clothes here for you guys. We can watch movies if you want or you can just go in your room. There's a flatscreen in each room so you should be satisfied," He said.
"Someone sounds cocky," I laughed.
"Well goodnight," Ashley said closing her door.
"She's hard to please," he said.
"She's a teenager," I laughed. He moved closer to me. He cupped his hands on my face and rubbed my cheek. I looked up and him then his lips. I fell into him. The kiss was long and passionate. He grazed his tongue on my bottom lip asking for an entrance. I accepted and he carried me to his bed.
"Maybe we shouldn't push this too far, we just entered each other's lives again," he said.
"Uh, yeah. Your right, I'm sorry." I stood up.
"You can still stay. Liv I really like you, I don't want to rush into something too fast." He said. I sat back down on his bed.
"Yeah, you're right." We layed down and fell asleep in each other's arms.