Disowned

Ashley's POV

I woke up to the sound of barking. I saw Frannie barking at me.
"Frannie! Shut up!" I yelled rubbing my eyes. I threw the blankets off me and led Frannie to Amanda's room.
"She's your problem now," I laughed.
"Ashley," she whined.
"Fine," I jumped on the bed and layed down beside Amanda.
"What time is it?" She asked sitting up.
"I think 6ish."
"Ugh, get dressed. We'll pick up donuts on our way," she left her room and went to the bathroom. I went to the couch where my bag was. I put on leggings that had holes all the way up the side and an oversized New York Jets jersey. I finished my look with putting on my favorite converse shoes. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed Frannie's food bowl. I fed Frannie and went to the bathroom.
"Hey, do you have any makeup?" I asked.
"You don't need to wear makeup," she argued.
"You never know who you're going to meet in New York."
"Under the sink," she sighed. I smiled and opened the drawers. I pulled the makeup out and put it on. I always make my eyeliner and mascara thick.
"Ashley, don't use all of my eyeliner! I just bought that! How much do you need?" She exclaimed.
"Enough," I laughed.
"Okay, let's go." Amanda grabbed her keys.

We walked in the precinct and I put the donuts on Amanda's desk.
"Well it looks like we're the first ones here," Amanda said putting her bag and keys in her desk.
"Can we go to the mall later with Mom and Maya?" I asked.
"For what?" She laughed.
"To get our outfits for the Taylor Swift concert...." I trailed off.
"We'll see."
"That's a no."
"It's not a no, it's a maybe." She objected.

Nick walked in with Fin and walked over to Amanda and I.
"Ashley, that's a lot of makeup," Nick said looking over at Amanda. She shrugged and crossed her arms.
"It's okay, I'm just trying out new looks," I assured him.
"We have donuts!" Amanda said trying to break the tension.
"I ate the good ones already," I laughed.
"Yeah, you have chocolate on your lip," Fin laughed wiping it off.
"Ashley I need to talk to you," Dad said walking in the precinct. He brought Taylor and put her down. She ran over to me and tried to jump on my lap. I laughed and picked her up. I grabbed a donut and gave it to her.
"Ashley! Don't feed her a donut, she's a dog not a person," Dad said.
"She's hungry, did you feed her?" I asked.
"That's your job, but you decided to take a cab and go to Amanda's house without telling us," Dad crossed his arms. I smiled and stuffed my face with a donut.
"I don't recall that happening," I laughed.
"Ashley, it's not funny." Amanda said.
"Well what do you want me to say? Yes, I went to Amanda's house. I'm safe, I'm fine! Nothing bad happened! Calm down you're so dramatic," I said.
"He's dramatic?" Nick laughed.
"I left because you and Mom wouldn't listen to me and I knew Amanda would," I said.
"Well since Amanda is acting like your parents then maybe you should live with her," he said walking out.
"Dad that's not what I meant! I want you to listen to me!" I yelled running after him.
"She's your problem now, Amanda. I'll drop her stuff off at your apartment later!" Dad got in his car and drove away. I turned and looked at Amanda. Everyone was speechless. 
"I-I just wanted him to listen to me," I ran to Amanda and broke down crying.

Amanda's POV

Ashley ran into my arms and started crying. I was shocked. I looked over at Nick and Fin. What do I do? I mouthed to them. Fin looked at Nick.
"I'll make coffee," Fin said awkwardly.
"Ashley," Nick walked over to us, "it's going to be okay. Your dad didn't mean what he said-"
"He sounded really convincing," Ashley said looking at him. Her makeup was smeared all down her face.
"Let's clean you up," I suggested walking her to the bathroom.

Olivia's POV

I made eggs and toast and sat on the couch. I watched Reba for a couple hours until Elliot ran through the door. He ran in Ashley's room. I got up and followed him.
"What are you doing?" I yelled.
"Ashley's staying at Amanda's for a while," he said throwing clothes in bags.
"Why? I thought you talked to her!"
"She doesn't realize how much she needs us, so I thought that if she stays away for about a week then she'll come home."
"Or... She'll stay at Amanda's because Amanda would never kick her out!" I yelled.
"Liv, this will work. Trust me."
"I'm not in this, but I'm still contacting my daughter when she's not here," I walked back to the couch and continued on with my shows.

Amanda's POV

I was washing Ashley's face off in the bathroom. How could Elliot do this to her? She doesn't deserve this!
"Amanda," Ashley said softly.
"Mhmm?"
"Where am I going to sleep?"
"Well, I'll have to clear out the spare room. I hope you don't mind boxes everywhere," I laughed trying to lighten the mood.
"It's okay, I have nowhere else to go."
"Ashley, I don't understand why your dad just did that, but it's for a reason. You just have to find the good in this situation."
"Okay," she sighed.
"Your parents love you. They always will no matter what happens."
"But I just wanted him to listen to me. He pushed me away further! I don't get it!"
"I don't either, but it'll be okay." I assured her.

We walked out of the bathroom and sat at my desk again. Ashley was playing on her phone and everyone was waiting for a new case. The day stretched out forever until it was finally time to leave. Elliot didn't show up to finish his shift and I think it was for the better. Ashley hasn't spoken since he left and I feel awful. Nick and Fin were playing cards and acting like kids.
"Ashley, do you want to play poker with us?" Fin said.
"No," she said playing on her phone. Fin looked at me.
"I tried," he said. I got up and went over to Ashley.
"Why don't we go to the mall and get our outfits for that Taylor Swift concert?" I said smiling. She shrugged and picked up Taylor who was at her feet.
"Bye guys!" I said.
"I'll walk you out," Nick said jumping up.

I opened the passenger door for Ashley and walked on my side of the car.
"How you doin'?" Nick asked.
"Well I have a teenager that isn't talking to anyone. She keeps her emotions trapped inside and I have no idea what in doing." I said leaning on my car.
"I can come over later and keep you guys company," he suggested.
"Yeah, I'll order a pizza when I get home."
"I got it, don't worry about that."
"Thanks Nick," I smiled and got in the car.

Ashley's POV

I sat in the car and stared at Taylor.
"What's going to happen to us?" I asked her. I know animals can't talk, but I need someone right now. My parents literally disowned me and I'm stuck at Amanda's.
"Do you want to go to the mall? Nick's meeting us at my apartment later."
"I'm not really in the mood for shopping right now," I said looking at Taylor.
"Okay, fine by me."

We pulled up to the apartment building and went in the elevator. We walked to her apartment door and I saw a ton of bags.
"He was serious," I said. Before Amanda could answer we heard footsteps and it was Nick behind us holding a pizza box. Amanda smiled and opened the door. I put Taylor down in the apartment and grabbed my bags.
"I'll help you," Nick said putting the pizza down. He picked up 2 bags and I picked up the other 2. We walked in the spare room where Amanda was.
"Sorry about this mess, I'll move it." She said picking boxes up and stacking them against the wall.
"It's okay," I said plugging my phone in its charger.
"Okay, well I have pizza out there if you want some," Nick said.
"Give me about 20 minutes, I need a break," I said.
"Okay, let me know if you need us," Amanda said closing the door. I took my phone out and called Maya. I needed to tell her everything. I missed my bestfriend.