Mirror, Mirror

Olivia's POV

"Hey guys," I said awkwardly. Nick and Amanda stared at eachother in disbelief.
"Oh, I get it. You're working at SVU because you and Liv are a thing now," Nick chuckled.
"You guys don't know anything that's happening," Brian said.
"Where's Ashley at? Still with Maya?" Amanda asked.
"Don't worry about my daughter, it's none of your business." I threatened. I didn't want them to know that Ashley was here. I didn't want her involved in this drama. The Chinese delivery guy showed up and Brian paid for the food.
"Well, bye guys." I smirked. I closed the door on their faces.
"Who was at the door?" Ashley asked.
"The delivery guy," I said shortly.
"You guys were talking for 10 minutes, Mom. It wasn't the delivery guy."
"Ashley, don't worry about it. Eat your food," I said sternly.
"So are you excited to be back at SVU?" Ashley asked Brian.
"As ready as I'll ever be," he said sarcastically. Ashley looked over at me, confused. We ate in silence for a few minutes, I was enjoying the peace.
"Well, I'm going to bed. I have plans with Matt tomorrow," Ashley said giving her food to Taylor.
"Um, you're coming to work with me and Brian tomorrow. Sorry."
"Why? That's so unfair Mom!" She whined. I only wanted her to go so there wouldn't be any arguing with Brian and Nick.
"Matt can come too," I offered.
"Fine." She said. Brian and I got up and threw our food away.
"Goodnight Ashley," I called opening our bedroom door. She ran in the room.
"Goodnight Mom," she said throwing her arms around me, "I love you," she whispered. My heart melted. She's growing up too fast. I remember when she was 2 and she would throw her food all over the kitchen floor, and she'd laugh about it. I'd do anything to have that back.
"I love you too," I said squeezing her tighter. She pulled away and hugged Brian. Brian kissed the top of her head and told her goodnight as well.

Ashley's POV

Mom woke me up the next morning at 6am.
"Mom, can't I come in later?" I moaned.
"No, get up. Now." She said sternly. I threw on a pair of black leggings with a champagne colored sweater. I fed Taylor and ate cereal until Mom and Brian were finally ready to leave.
"Let's go, we're late." Mom said pushing us out the door.

We walked in the precinct, late. Everyone was already there. Fin had donuts on his desk.
"Brian! You got the job," Fin said excitedly.
"Yeah that's surprising," Nick said sarcastically. Fin and I looked over at Nick, so confused.
"Yeah, it's different." Brian said, ignoring Nick.
"Well Brian, this is your desk and if you need anything, I'll be in my office." Mom smiled. She put Brian across from Fin and beside Amanda.
"What are you doing here Ashley? Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?" Nick smirked.
"Actually he's coming here," I smirked back at him. "So don't embarrass me," I warned.
"I would never," he laughed.
"Remember when I went to the movie theater?" I questioned.
"I was told to take you out of there," he said getting louder.
"By threatening to hand cuff me in front of everyone?" I asked.
"You were resisting! What was I supposed to do?" He yelled.
"Geez Nick, calm down." I laughed. Then he realized I was just trying to get him worked up. Amanda walked out of Mom's office a few seconds later.
"Everything okay?" Fin asked her.
"Great," she lied. When Amanda's mad, it's best not to talk to her.

Matt walked in an hour later. Thank God, because it was so awkward. I told Matt about how nobody knew about Mom and Brian yet, and that he needed to act the same way.
"Guys, this is Matt." I said. "And Matt, this is well everyone. You already met Nick. Um, and that's the new guy Brian."
"It's great to meet you Brian," he said kindly. I walked Matt to Mom's office.
"Hey Mom, Matt's here." I said.
"Oh great. Both of you, come in." She gestured. We took a seat and watched her try to find the right words to say.
"Um, Nick and Amanda know about Brian and I, but they don't know that you two know. And Fin is totally clueless." Mom spit out.
"Is that why Nick's been acting weird?" I asked understanding everything now.
"Yeah, so I want you guys to stay out of the drama as much as you can." She said.
"Okay, we'll go in the cribs then?" I asked making sure it was okay.
"Yeah, but come out here and there to see what they're talking about."
"Okay," I said.

We walked out of Mom's office and made our way to the cribs.
"Where are you going?" Nick and Amanda asked.
"To the cribs, you guys can make friends with Brian." I smirked.
"Do you know anything about Brian?" Nick asked suspiciously.
"No, should I?" I questioned.
"I guess not," he said walking away. I looked over at Amanda.
"I know you know something Ashley, I'm watching you two." She threatened, walking away. I rolled my eyes and walked to the cribs with Matt by my side.
"Well they seem happy," Matt said.
"Just wait until they find out that I knew. They'll never trust me again." I said.
"Yes they will, what's the big deal anyway?"
"They hate Brian and I don't know why." I replied.

Nick's POV

I walked back out to my desk and sat down. Brian was looking at files, like he was going to solve the case. I sat down and looked at the pictures from the crime scene. Blood, handprints, a dead body. Everything was there- but the weapon.
"Hey, how's the case going?" Liv asked walking out of her office.
"Nowhere." Fin said flatly.
"We can't find the weapon either." Amanda jumped in.
"Let me see the pictures," Brian said. I rolled my eyes and gave them to him.
"Did we at least get a witness?" Olivia asked again.
"No, but-" I started.
"Did you go around the apartment building door to door?" She asked again.
"No, but-" I was cut off again.
"Then what are you doing here? take Amanda with you. Don't come back until we get a witness." Olivia demanded.

Olivia's POV

I watched Nick and Amanda leave and I turned to Fin.
"Anything on the case?"
"Nope," he said.
"I'll be in my office," I sighed. I started filing some papers. It wasn't even 15 minutes and I got a knock at my door.
"It's open!" I yelled. Fin and Brian ran in.
"We got it!" Fin said.
"What?" I asked putting my glasses on.
"The weapon! We got it!"
"Well what is it?" I asked impatient.
"Look here in the blood, and on her head. What do you see?" Brian asked.
"I see the reflection of the light, why?" I asked questioning their intelligence.
"Wrong! It's a broken mirror!" Fin jumped.
"How do you know?" I asked.
"Look in this picture, under the couch right there, is a broken mirror," Brian said calmly.
"I thought the crime lab took care of everything..." I looked at Fin.
"Rookie mistake," he said.
"Go back to the crime scene, and make sure you kick that rookie in the balls for me. We just wasted 2 days for a rookie's foolish mistake." I said.

After Fin and Brian left, I went to the cribs. I knocked on the door and went inside. I saw Ashley curled up in Matt's arms.
"Hey Mom, is he still sleeping?" She asked. I laughed.
"Yeah, he's still sleeping. Do you want me to order lunch?"
"Pizza sounds really good right now! How's Brian doing?"
"Well, he just found the weapon of this really tough case, so I think Barba will be happy."
"That's good. I'll come out soon."
"Okay." I kissed her cheek and went back out.

Nick and Amanda sat at their desks, staring at me.
"Did you find a witness?"
"No, we went to each door, asked to front desk, even looked at the security cameras. Nothing."
"Well someone had to rape and kill that woman! She couldn't do it on her own!" I snapped.
"We also ran into Fin and Brian down there. Brian found the weapon."
"Yeah, they showed me. And?" I asked impatient.
"It's just kind of funny that on the first day, he's the one who finds the number one lead on this case. Isn't it ironic Amanda?" Nick asked her. He knew she would defend him on anything.
"Yeah, it's kind of suspicious. Like someone is trying to make someone else look good..." She circled around me, smirking.
"Look guys. I don't know what your deal is with Brian, but it's getting old. You need to accept the fact that we're together and you can't change that. And if I knew about the mirror all this time, then we would've already found the killer by now!" I said. My blood was boiling. I was sick and tired of them treating Brian like he was dirt.
"You and Brian are a thing?" Fin asked, overhearing the conversation.
"Time for round 2," Amanda laughed.

**Author's Note**
So sorry guys for not updating in over a week! I feel so bad!! School just started up again and I'm a Freshman.... Yeah it's crazy! But, I hope you like this book so far!