The Run-In

Ashley's POV

Mom and I went home and she got ready for the bar.
"Brian will be here soon, then he'll meet me at the bar," Mom said walking out the door.
"Okay, have fun." I said rolling my eyes.
"Ashley, I'm sorry. I know you want me to stay, but it's just tonight."
"I know Mom, I'll be fine." I responded.
"I love you," she kissed my cheek and walked out.

Brian came in the apartment about 10 minutes after Mom left.
"So what's the game plan?" I asked.
"Well, since the squad doesn't know that your mom and I are dating, I'm going to 'run into your mom' at the bar and meet the squad. And we'll see how it goes from there," he said tying his shoe.
"Clever," I said leaning on the counter.
"I know. I'm leaving, are you okay by yourself?"
"I'll be fine. I always am." I smiled. He hugged me.
"Be good, we'll be home before 11."
"Okay, and Amanda is bringing Taylor. You get to meet Taylor tonight too!" I said excitedly.
"Who's Taylor?"
"You'll see!" I laughed pushing him out the door. I really hope Taylor makes him go crazy.

Brian's POV

I pulled in the parking lot and went inside. I searched the crowd and found Liv in the corner booth with the squad. I walked over to her and Fin.
"Brian Cassidy! My man." Fin said.
"Hey man." We shook hands and hugged.
"Brian! It's been a while! How are you?" Olivia faked.
"I'm good, I work undercover now."
"That's great!" She smiled. "Hey guys, this is Brian Cassidy. He used to work at the unit. And Brian, this is Amanda Rollins and Nick Amaro."
"It's nice to meet you," Amanda smiled.
"So Brian, how's it like working undercover?" Fin asked.
"It's way different from SVU," I laughed. We all had some more drinks and talked for almost 2 hours. The only one who wasn't talking was Nick. Maybe that's how he is, I don't know. Nick and Fin were the first to leave.
"It was nice seeing you again Olivia," I smiled getting up.
"You're leaving early too?" Amanda asked.
"Yeah, I have work tomorrow. I'll see you guys later," I said walking out.

Olivia's POV

I really hoped that worked. The only one who was suspicious was Nick, but he can get over himself.
"I'll have Nick bring Taylor," Amanda said, pulling her phone out.
"So, how long have you known Brian?" Amanda asked, ending her phone call with Nick.
"He was a detective when I first started at the unit." I explained.
"Oh that's cool. So he knows Elliot," she went on.
"Yeah."
"So tell me, did Elliot do that to your eye and lip?"
"Uh, what? No, I haven't seen Elliot for almost a week now."
"Liv, that's assault. Did he do anything else?"
"I am not a victim, Amanda. Nothing happened."
"Okay, you're right." She said giving up. Her phone started buzzing.
"Nick has Taylor," she said.

We walked to Nick's car and opened his door. Taylor jumped out, giving me kisses.
"Hi Taylor! Do you miss Ashley?" I laughed. "Thanks guys, it means a lot."
"No problem," Nick said.
"What did you think of Brian?"
"What does it matter? He seams like a nice guy."
"You were just very quiet when he got there, I just wondered-"
"Liv, it's fine. I'm fine. Don't worry about it okay?"
"Yeah," I said. I walked to my car and went home.

Ashley's POV

I've been home for 3 hours. It's actually not that bad. I made coffee and cereal. I even started watching this one show on the USA channel. It's called Complications. It's actually really, really good. I heard the door unlock, which meant that Brian was here with Mom.
"Ashley? I'm here," Brian said taking his shoes off.
"Hey, where's Mom? I made coffee for you guys."
"She's on her way, but it's 11:30. Why'd you make coffee?"
"Because I was bored and I like coffee," I laughed. "Did you meet Taylor yet?" I smirked.
"No, who's Taylor?"
"You'll find out," I smirked.

Mom came up 10 minutes later.
"Brian, meet Taylor!" Mom said putting Taylor on the floor. Taylor jumped on my lap first until she realized that Brain was beside me. She pointed at him and started barking like crazy. Mom and I laughed. Brian slowly put his hand out in front of her nose. After she examined him, she sat back on my lap.
"That was the weirdest thing I've ever seen," Brian said. Mom laughed as sat on his lap.
"Do you think everyone bought our little charade?" Mom asked.
"I don't know, Nick seemed a little suspicious."
"Yeah, he's never like that, maybe it's just you." She smirked.
"Oh yeah, that could be it. Maybe it's just me," he mocked at her. He started tickling her and she went crazy. Taylor started barking at them and we all laughed.
"What are we doing this weekend?" I asked.
"We can stay at my house and go sight seeing," Brian suggested.
"We've seen everything before, what else is there to see?" Mom asked.
"We can spend a day shopping, how's that? And not just at the mall, I mean like the expansive stores." Brian said seriously.
"We can go to the store Dash! The Kardashian's just opened it! It's supposed to be really cool, and the Kardashian's wear that stuff! I could be twinning with Khloé!" I said excitedly. Mom and Brian exchanged looks.
"I'm regretting this already!" Brian laughed.
"Do we want to get our stuff and go to your house tonight?" Mom asked.
"Yeah, and you can bring Taylor."
I jumped up and ran in my room. I threw a bunch of clothes in my bag and picked up Taylor.
"Let's go," I said running out the door.

We got to Brian's apartment and I went to my room. I threw my bags on my bed and put Taylor on the floor. I went back out to the livingroom, with Taylor right behind me.
"Hey, you should go to bed if we're shopping tomorrow," Mom said laying against Brian.
"I'm not tired," I tested.
"Ashley," Mom whined.
"Can I go to a party tonight?"
"Absolutely not! It's midnight." She yelled.
"It's not my fault! I could've been there earlier if you didn't go to the bar!" I yelled back.
"Just for 3 hours, and call every single hour," Brian said sternly.
"Yes sir," I smirked grabbing my phone. I got in a taxi and gave the driver Matt's address.