Your New Partner

Ashley's POV

I woke up and realized that I was still clinging onto Matt. I let go and went on snapchat. I posted a snap of Me, with Matt in the background. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I laid back down on the couch and played on my phone.

Mom and Brian walked out of their room about 30 minutes later. Mom went to the kitchen to make breakfast and Brian sat at the ends of our feet. I acted like I was sleeping so they wouldn't talk to me.
"Brian, I'm not comfortable with that," Mom whispered.
"You have to get used to this. I think they both really like eachother. He's gonna be around for a while." He whispered back. I love Brian. He always takes my side.
"But that?" She whispered, pointing at us. I had my head under Matt's chin and our feet were intertwined. We were both kind of holding eachother.
"They're cute." Brian laughed.

I "woke up" after Mom finished making breakfast. She made waffles and bacon, my favorite.
"Good morning Ashley," Brian smiled. I stretched my arms out and smiled back.
"Sleep well?" Mom asked. I looked over at Matt.
"Yeah," I smiled. Brian and Mom looked at eachother, then at me again.
"You guys really slept in, like you've been up all night or something," Brian said clearly. They were trying to figure out if Matt and I did anything or not.
"Maybe we were, maybe we weren't. Who knows?" I smirked. Matt started waking up.
"Hey, we have breakfast ready if you're hungry." Mom said.
"Thanks," Matt said sitting down.

We had a quiet breakfast. Everyone was still in their pajamas. Mom didn't brush her hair. Taylor was sitting at my feet. I threw a waffle down to her.
"Ashley, she doesn't eat waffles." Mom said.
"Well, she just ate that one," I laughed. Taylor put her front paws on my lap and whined.
"Awe Mom, she's hungry."
"Maybe you should feed her," she said. I threw down another waffle and watched her eat it. Mom stared at me. I knew she wouldn't yell at me because Matt's here.

After breakfast, I got dressed and went in Brian's room.
"Hey, Matt and I are going back to his house." I said.
"Uhh, I'll take you guys. We have to go to the precinct anyway. And Brian has to fill out some papers to be accepted back into the unit." Mom said closing her laptop.
"Fine, whatever. But he needs to leave now. His parents are on their way home from the airport."
"Wait, they don't know that he spent the night?" Brian asked.
"No, that wasn't mentioned." I mumbled.
"Are you serious?" Mom yelled.
"Yeah, that's why we need to leave like now!"

Mom and Brian rushed to get ready. It took them 3 minutes to get out the door. I laughed at them and told Taylor goodbye. Mom locked the apartment door and we all went out to Brian's car. We drove to his house in silence. We pulled in his driveway and stopped the car.
"Well it was great to finally meet you," Mom said cheerfully.
"Yeah, same here. Thanks for having me," he smiled. I got out and we walked to his front door.
"My parents will be home any minute," he said nervously.
"We pulled it off, I think you won my mom over."
"I hope." We kissed and said goodbye. I ran back to Brian's car and we drove to the precinct.

We pulled up to the precinct and Mom unbuckled her seatbelt.
"Ashley and I are going in, come in about 15 minutes later." She said.
"Why don't you just tell everyone that you guys are dating?" I asked.
"These things take time Ashley," Brian pointed out.
"Whatever," I said getting out.

We walked inside and Mom went to her office. Everyone was there.
"Hey Ash, haven't seen you in a while." Nick said.
"Yeah, I've been busy. Doing stuff..." I lied.
"Yeah, stuff can keep you busy I guess." He laughed. Everyone started talking and they were fighting about which one of them was my favorite.
"She spends the night at my house all the time!" Amanda yelled.
"She's had me all her life! I'm her Uncle Fin!" Fin yelled back.
"Yeah, because everyone needs an Uncle Fin in their life!" Amanda said sarcastically.
"Hey, don't forget about me, I've-" Nick stopped when Brian walked in.
"Is the Sergeant in her office?" Brian asked.
"Uhh yeah, right over there." Amanda said pointing to Mom's office.
"Thanks," he said walking away. He knocked in the door and went in.
"Well that was awkward," Amanda breathed.
"I don't like him," Nick said.
"Why?" I asked.
"He's undercover all the time, he's a bad cop."
"How do you know if he's a bad cop?" I asked, defending Brian.
"You can just tell."
"Anyway, what's he doing here?" Amanda asked.
"Beats me, probably talking to Liv." Fin smirked. Nick glared at Fin.
"Don't worry about it, it'll be fine." Amanda smiled.
"That could be your new step-dad." Fin said.
"I don't even know him," I lied.
"You will, sooner or later." Amanda smiled. Brian opened the door and walked out. We all went in Mom's office and stared at her.
"Can I help you?" She asked.
"What did he want?" Nick asked.
"Well, I don't think it's any of your business yet." Mom stated.
"Yet? Liv c'mon we all know how you are, is he another one of your 'hook up men'?"
"I was with Elliot for 15 years. I don't even know what it's like to just hook up and leave, so don't go there."
"Well Liv, you seem pretty defensive about him."
"Well, you'll have to be too. He's going to be your new partner." Mom smirked grabbing her bags.
"Let's go Ash," she smiled.

We stopped at my house to get clothes and other stuff, then we went back to Brian's.

Brian's POV

I unlocked my apartment door and let the girls inside. We watched tv for a little bit until I heard Olivia's stomach growl. She covered her stomach up and laughed.
"Chinese?" I smiled.
"Yes please!" Ashley said before Olivia had the chance. I laughed.
"Okay then," I called the local Chinese place and ordered the whole buffet.
"We have to wait about 20 minutes." I told them. Ashley was talking to her phone.
"What is she doing?" I asked Liv.
"She's face-timing Matt." She explained.
"What's that?"
"It's kind of like Skype."
"Ohh."
"Guys, Matt wants to say hi!" Ashley smiled putting her phone out in front of us. We each talked for a while until I heard a knock at the door.
"How much is it?" Liv asked.
"I'll handle the money," I assured her.
I opened the door and stood in front of me was Nick and Amanda.
"What are you doing here?" I demanded. I closed the door a little so they wouldn't see Liv or Ashley.
"Why do you want to work at SVU? Working undercover pays way more," Nick asked, suspicious.
"You don't have the right to show up here," I threatened.
"Do you need money babe?" Liv called out.
"Oh, are we interrupting something?" Amanda laughed. She didn't know it was Olivia's voice. Liv walked up behind me. Nick pushed the door open.
"Liv?" He said confused.
"Hey guys," she said awkwardly. Nick and Amanda stared at eachother.