Meeting my Mom

Ashley's POV

It was 4pm and I was starving. I went out to the kitchen and searched the refrigerator.
"Hungry?" Mom asked.
"Yup," I said shortly. She still hasn't talked to me and I'm dreading when she does. She overreacted.
"Brian and I will make you dinner, but Matt has to come over."
"Why?" I laughed closing the fridge door.
"Because it's about time we all sat down and get to know each other." She smiled. It looked like she was scheming something. I crossed my arms.
"What kind of questions are you going to ask him?"
"What his parents do, what his interests are, that kind of stuff."
"Well, his Dad is an attorney and his Mom is an accountant. And he's into that computer stuff, if you have anymore questions you can ask me." I smiled at her. She glared at me.
"I want to talk to him tonight." She demanded.
"Fine." I said rolling my eyes.
Me- hey, come over for dinner. I'm at Brian's.
Matt- ok. I'll let my mom no.
Me- k. C u later! 😘
"He's coming over, what are you cooking?" I asked.
"We'll make spaghetti and a side salad." She said.
"I'll get Brian!" I said skipping down the hallway.

I opened Brian's bedroom door. He was laying on his bed in sweatpants.
"Hey, change your clothes because Matt's coming over."
"Ughh, more people!" He said sarcastically.
"Listen, you can blame your girlfriend for this." I said leaving.
"Girlfriend?"
"Oh don't act innocent. We all know you hooked up already. We're practically living here! And you and Taylor have gotten pretty close," I laughed. Taylor was laying on the floor, right beside Brian.
"How do you know that we hooked up?"
"A.- because you just said so.
B.- she's so much happier, except for this morning." I smirked.
"You're such a baby detective," he laughed.
"Um, no. It's common sense. But seriously, get dressed into something a little more casual." I said closing the door.

I went in my room and threw on leggings, a tank top, and a cardigan. It's something really easy and casual. Especially since we're not leaving the house. I got a text from Matt saying that he would be here in 20 minutes. I walked out to the black and white kitchen and stood beside my mom. We do really look alike, twins maybe. We both have the same color hair, but different style. The same big brown eyes. The same nose and lips. We are identical.
"Matt will be here in 20 minutes."
"Great, dinner will be ready in about 15," she smiled at me. "Oh and thanks for the help," she sarcastically yelled loud enough for Brian to hear. He walked out in jeans and a gray v-neck.
"Not my fault. And your daughter said that you look way happier now since we finally hooked up," he said smirking, then giving her a big kiss on the cheek. Mom realized what he meant and immediately turned cherry red. Her jaw fell open.
"Close your mouth you'll catch flies," he laughed. Mom glared at him, then looked at me. I just laughed. She cleared her throat.
"Ashley, set the table." I looked at Brian who was trying not to laugh.

After I set the table, I went down to the lobby and waited on Matt. I figured that this would be a good time to prepare him for my mother's outrageous questions.
"Hey babe," he smiled. I looked at him and started getting worried.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"You and Brian are wearing the same exact clothes," I laughed nervously.
"Oh, it'll be fine. You worry too much." He said putting his arm around me.
"Let's get this over with," I sighed.

Olivia's POV

When Ashley went downstairs I glared at Brian.
"Why did you tell her that we hooked up?" I said.
"It just came out. She's a sneaky little detective," he laughed.
"It's not funny! Why are you laughing?" I said, laughing now too.
"She's a good kid, Liv. You did good."
"I'm still working on it, hence why the boyfriend is coming over." I pointed out.
"He seems good too."
"Yeah, but you know how teenagers can get," I sighed. I didn't want Ashley to grow up. All our memories together. All the memories of her when she was a little baby.
"I don't want to say goodbye to her."
"Liv, she's 14. I don't think she's going anywhere for a while, you don't have to say goodbye," he pulled me in a hug.
"I love you," he whispered in my ear.
"Say it again," I said. I'm not used to those words. Sure I get it from Ashley, but Elliot hasn't told me that in forever.
"I love you Olivia."
"I love you, too." I whispered. We went in a passionate kiss.

Ashley's POV

I opened the apartment door and was stunned by what I saw.
"We're here!" I yelled. They both jumped back and laughed.
"Didn't mean to scare you," Brian laughed. I glared at him and led Matt to the table. We sat down beside each other and waited to be served. Mom put our plates in front of us and she sat down beside Brian.
"So, I'm glad you could make it," Mom started. We had a boring conversation about school and then out of nowhere...
"When did you lose your virginity?" She asked. I nearly choked on my food.
"Mom," I warned.
"What are your intentions for dating my daughter?"
"Mom, stop." I laughed awkwardly.
"No it's okay, she's just making sure that you're safe. You're her baby and she'd die if anything happened to you when you're with me," he said. "I just want her to feel wanted, to be happy. I can tell that Brian makes you happy Ms. Benson, and I want to do the same for her." He said convincingly. I smiled, I was impressed. I looked at Mom who didn't say anything, then Brian. He looked at me and gave me the thumbs up.
"And he does make me feel wanted, and he does make me happy." I said proudly.
"Well, as long as you're happy Ashley, but if you ever-"
"Mom, stop."
"Okay, welcome to our crazy life." She laughed. I glanced at Matt. I could tell that he was very proud of himself. 

After dinner was over, Mom and Brian went back to their bedroom. Matt's parents are still in Vegas so he's spending the night. We watched tv on the couch and cuddled for a while.
"So, my mom can be a little awkward sometimes," I laughed.
"It was nothing I couldn't handle," he smirked.
"Right." I said sarcastically.
"I am right," he laughed tickling my sides. I squealed in laughter. Taylor started barking from Brian's room.
"Oops, we woke Taylor up." He said.
"No big deal," I said jumping on him. "I'm just really glad that you're here," I smiled kissing his lips. He ran his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for access. I opened my mouth a little wider. He ran his hands down my body, sending chills up my spine.
"Wait, your mom is in the other room." He said stopping.
"Yeah she is," Brian said laughing.
"Oh my God, how long have you been here?" I asked embarrassed.
"Long enough to know that you kiss like your mom," he smirked.
"I hate you so much," I teased.
"Goodnight, behave." He pointed at us. He closed his bedroom door.
"Well, that happened," Matt said. I laughed. I laid in front of him.
"That was so embarrassing," I said.
"Well, at least he joked about it." He said.
"Yeah, I guess so."
We fell asleep, holding eachother.