𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐
𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The past few days have been a rollercoaster, my mood goes from sad to confused to angry then back to sad. I feel like i'm in an episode of Vampire Diaries.

My dad listened to me about not coming to the school, which surprised me, though he's left a good couple of messages trying to talk but i've ignored them. The only person i've spoken to is Akeely. Manu has been trying to talk to me too but i can't look at him without getting upset.

Of course all this happens now when i need to be stressing over my GCSE's. I don't even have time to do that anymore.

I've also been contemplating whether to tell my mum or not but I know she'll have a breakdown and i'm not there to comfort her. How would i even tell her that her two sons aren't dead, "Hi mum how are you? Oh yeah by the way Rohan and Terek are still alive, they're actually best friends with my boyfriend". She'd probably faint on the spot.

"Miss Williams!" I look up at the teacher and realise i've been daydreaming. I've been doing that a lot recently too. "Please can you read the poem Valentine," He asks me.

Great, the last thing i wanna do is read a love poem in front of everyone.

"'Valentine' by Carol Ann Duffy
Not a red rose or a satin heart.
I give you an onion.
It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
It promises light
like the careful undressing of love.
Here.
It will blind you with tears Like a lover.
It will make your reflection a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.
Not a cute card or a kissogram.
I give you an onion.
Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips, possessive and faithful
as we are,
for as long as we are.

Take it.
Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding-ring, if you like.
Lethal.
Its scent will cling to your fingers, cling to your knife."

"Thank you Birdie, that was great. Now everyone I want you all to start annotating as we've done before as much of the poem as you can," He praises.,

My eyes wander and i make direct eye contact with Manu, of course the boy is already looking at me. I roll my eyes and look away.

Once the lesson ends Akeely and I go to the lounge to try and find her Chemistry book, luckily we have a free period right now so we don't have to rush.

The lounge isn't small it's about the size of 3 classrooms, and there's different areas that ate blocked off for privacy. We walk in and I see a few people from our form.

I just hope she finds her book soon because i don't want to be on here longer than I have to. 

"I got it," Akeely says walking back to me. That was quick.

"Great, let's go," As i turn around i bump into someone's chest.

I don't even have to look up to know who it is because i can recognise his cologne anywhere. I try to walk round him but he gentle grabs my arm, sighing deeply trying not to get pissed off i yank it away.

"Can we just talk please?" He calls out to me as I walk away.

"Fuck off!" I say to him, he doesn't get that i want to be left alone.