Airalain's Christmas Fiasco

This takes place in Airalain's POV.

It was several months since I was Changed into a Hedgehog. I don't remember being human, but I remember that Sonic hurt me. It was also Christmas Eve. Even though I was Sonic's daughter, I felt horrible instead of overjoyed at the thought of Christmas. Reason why? An older elite told me that Santa wasn't real. I was helping Sonic decorate the dining room. I felt an itch to do something bad. I dropped the decorations and yelled, "What's the point!?"

Sonic froze, as if I had thrown water on him. "Excuse me?" He asked, turning his emerald-green eyes to me. "What do you mean?"

"Why did you hurt me!? I wished I was with my parents instead of YOU!" I yelled, feeling hot tears sting my eyes.

"Airalain." Sonic's voice was stern, meaning that I definitely messed up. "I will not tolerate your bad behavior. Go to your room." I blinked, shocked. Sonic never tells me to go to my room. Then I wiped my tears, stomping away.

"I hate you." I sobbed. Ever since my transformation into a Hedgehog, I felt as if something was ripped away from my heart. I never noticed Sonic sighing with dejection. I managed to get to my room, slamming the door. What possessed me to say that!? I wondered, horrified. I knew that I did something bad... I had to apologize. I decided to do the one logical thing any seven year old would do: turn to Santa and ask for help... if he was willing to help.

~~~~~

That night, I forced myself to stay awake. I kept my door open a crack. I had a plan, but it involved me breaking a Christmas rule: Never be caught out of bed. Finally, after an hour of waiting, I hear something scuffle in the background. I get up really quietly and creeped down the stairs to the living room. The full moon lit the way for me.

The Christmas tree was beautifully shining, the milk and cookies were half eaten, the red figure was putting presents under the tree... WAIT A SECOND! That figure is Santa! I have to talk to him before he heads up the chimney! I waited until the figure was done, then I said politely, "Excuse me, sir."

The figure straightened himself out, his dark blue quills poking through the coat, and he turned to me. His green eyes latched onto mine, and he chuckled. His voice was soft and rich when he asked, "Little Airalain, what are you doing out of bed?"

I reply, ashamed, "I did something bad and I want to give Sonic all of my gifts as an apology. I deserve a punishment on top of coal." My ears burned as I mumbled this. I stared at the figure's cleated shoes, trembling in fear. I knew exactly what I was staring at. It was a werehog, and something told me that I just signed my death wish.

"Santa heard that you have said that you hated Sonic. You do realize that Sonic is a walking, talking elf on a shelf, right?" The figure continued, his voice smoother than honey, but having gravelled undertones.

I cover my mouth, ashamed. Then I nodded, tears stinging my eyes. I got on my knees and begged, "Please make it fast!" The tears were now pouring freely. I half expected to get a slap, but I was surprised at the pair of oversized hands wiping my tears away. "I deserve a broken bone for the nasty things I said, Santa!"

"I'm not Santa. I'm Krampus." The figure growled, hugging me tightly. Then he gasped softly. "I know why you were up. You were expecting to see Santa and talk to him, weren't you?" He inquired, lifting me at eye level. I nodded, waiting for the bite. "Well, Santa sent me here in his place. You giving your gifts to Sonic was a very noble gesture." The giant werehog purred. "However, your actions from earlier will not go unpunished." His tone became much more stern as he spoke. He sat me on his lap and forced me to stare into his eyes. "I usually make myself a barbeque for this occasion. The meat I use... is the flesh from bad little girls and boys." The big figure growled, pinning me down.