Chapter 33 -

Chapter 33 – It Feels Like Something Is Missing Without That Inner Voice Next To My Ear

Being frightened by the sudden voice in the bathroom, Yang Qiqi and Mr. Yu naturally had no interest in continuing their actions. They waited for half an hour in the toilet. After making sure that no one would come in, they went out in despair.

They didn’t have the stomach to eat anymore. So they took the elevator directly to the underground parking lot.

“Qiqi1, we wouldn’t have been discovered, right?” Mr. Yu raised his hand and touched his head, his brows were wet with sweat.

Yang Qiqi glanced at him contemptuously, “Are you afraid?”

“Your husband is a lawyer. How can I not be afraid?” Mr. Yu said guiltily.

“There’s no proof. What are you even afraid of?!” Yang Qiqi didn’t care, “Someone just yelled from the outside, they didn’t know that we were the ones inside.”

Mr. Yu started his car, “That’s good then, that’s good. Let’s go back quickly.”

“That web drama…” Yang Qiqi suddenly held Mr. Yu’s hand, “You’re not going to go back on your words are you?!”

Mr. Yu immediately gave him an apologetic smile, “How could I ever regret it?!”

“My little treasure2, you can have any resource you want!”

Yang Qiqi curled his lips triumphantly and was about to say something else when a phone rang.

“Wait a minute. It’s Director Wang.” Mr. Yu hurriedly picked up his phone, “Hello? Does Director Wang have any instructions?!”

The voice from the phone sounded and Yang Qiqi could hear it clearly from beside Mr. Yu.

“Are you going to replace Shen Yu?” Wang Meng’s voice sounded not quite right, as if trying to suppress her anger.

“His acting skills are not good. I’m afraid it will delay the quality of this drama…” Mr. Yu replied with a smile, “We also wanted to preserve Hua Yu’s reputation, so we replaced Shen Yu with Yang Qiqi…”

He said this while looking towards the side with a complacent look on his face. He didn’t expect that Wang Meng’s next words would cause his face to change.

“Since you want to change the person, then we can just cancel the cooperation.”

“Don’t! If there’s something that needs to be discussed or if Director Wang is not satisfied with anything, just tell us and we can talk it through!”

Although Mr. Yu was a high-level executive in the company, he didn’t really have much say in this matter and his position relied entirely on his performance.

This year’s performance was already in a downturn. If this web drama was discarded again, not only will the dividends at the end of the year be greatly reduced, but his position as the manager might also be lost.

“The investor had pointed out for Shen Yu to play the leading role. But you guys wanted to replace him…” Wang Meng sneered, “What else can we talk about?”

After speaking, the phone was hung up.

Mr. Yu was a little confused.

He opened his mouth and was about to exhale when the phone rang again.

Looking down, it turned out to be the big boss. He hurriedly pressed the answer button, nodding and bowing while at it, “Boss, is there anything?”

“Switch Shen Yu back to play the role in The Path of the Jade Sword!”