3 - Encased Logic

September 2nd, day before the bidding of the Scarlet Eyes.

We've established that today will be full of adding and revising to our plan. There is also a hefty amount of research for us to do before we collect the Scarlet Eyes. I pleaded to know what was so special about a pair of eyeballs and why he was dying to have them. 

Mr. Alpin is known as the owner of Cane&Co, but may also deeply be known as an underground flesh collector.

Of course only people from inside the organization know this information, but it still sounds like normal rich man behavior.

I sit on my bed and open up my laptop to gain insight about the eyeballs. I go to Boogle, because that is the most legible website to inherit info from. I type in "Scarlet eyes" in the URL and flooded my vision were eyeballs incased in some sort of embalming liquid. 

Below the images was background information on where they come from.

"The Scarlet Eyes are a trait exclusive to members of the Kurta Clan. Particularly when treated as items, they are known as the Kurta Eyeballs. They are treated as a rare jewel by many. After a notorious group known as the spiders massacres the Kurta clan for these jewels, the Kurta Clan moved extinct-- with no remaining members."

Scary.

My eyes were widened, and Lauri took notice of this. She walked over to stand beside me and began eyeing what I just finished. She looked confused, almost as if she couldn't read it, but played it off with the same bewildered expression I mirrored. It felt as if we just saw someone getting killed right before our eyes.

Upon further research, there are allegedly other flesh collectors out there who own several pair, some fake, some real. This just shows how avaricious people can really be.

They are used for their display and personal gain.

"I'm not sure how to feel about this. I've stole many items in the past, but... this? This is just overboard." I say with my face still bearing astonishment. 

Lauri looked down to me and nodded to show apparent agreement. "I've never seen anything like it. It's disgusting, but definitely not surprising."

My face returns to normal as she said that. Now that she's mentioned it, I honestly shouldn't be surprised. These are rich money grubbers we're talking. 

We work for an illegal organization that revolves around money and display. I have no reason to be startled.

I should've known a day like this would come. Where that man would challenge me to steal something far beyond jewelry. It's starting to become clear as day that he wanted to prepare me.

As a kid, I was challenged smaller items, such as chips from a corner store.

Soon after, he upgraded me to bigger items like money from cashiers, with a gun by my side to threaten. Now that I am older, and technically an adult, He's upgrading me to much more responsible tasks. Such as collecting human organs.

What's next? Killing?

Something that I've vowed to never do.

That would be the first time I'm sent over the edge with encouragement to say no to him.

⊱✿⊰

Today is the 3rd day of the biggest auction ever held, the day the Scarlet Eyes will be up for bid.