19 - Déjà vu?

WARNING: *Mentions of Suicide*

Suicide can be a sensitive topic for most so reader discretion is advised.

~~

We continued dancing until I heard her say something.

"It was meant to happen..." Her voice quiet.

"What...?

Her smile began growing evil. "It was meant to be like this.. --" She said, as she looked at our dancing figures through a distant mirror. "--just me and you.." She trailed off.

"What are you talking about? I-I think you have it all wrong you must mean another person.." I staggered out, in fear for what's happening

"I knew he would eventually let you go." Her grip growing tighter around my body as we continued to dance. I winced a bit as I loosen my hands from around her. Our only connection being through her own efforts to keep me close.

"He? Wait what..." I say, a million thoughts running around at once. My voice wavering but my general momentum not surprised.

"Oh' my sweet lass, how it is so endearing to finally see you again.." Her voice reminding me of a porcelain doll speaking through enchantment.

"No way..." My eyes shifting from left to right in motion with hers. Her smile became weak, but rather genuine.

I immediately backed away, and looked her up and down warily. I basically ignored everyone around me, as if no one was there but me and her. That's what it felt like at least.

"There's just no way. I'm not stupid, my mother is dead." I said, now quite the distance from her. 

I conflicted with my own thoughts out of panic. Although, I claimed that I would not be surprised if she appeared here, deep down inside, I was not seriously expecting her to show up. I only told myself those things to relieve my own paranoia.

Her laugh pursed through, sadistic and callous: "Oh silly, silly girl. Very pretty indeed, but silly. Mommy faked her death... can't you see? You've looked through so many photos of me when you were younger, yet you don't remember any? What a tragedy..." She asked rhetorically. She mentioned matter-of-factly like I was supposed to know that.

Her voice was reaching the tip of my nerves.

"Why." I simply asked, showing lack of emotion.

A smirk emerged to her red stained lips. "All because you were simply born to be the way you were conditioned.--" Her gaze falling from my eyes to my body. "--Look how much you've grown.. strong and youthful, just like your mommy, hm?" Her voice high-pitched and cold-blooded.

I took another half a step back. "Why did you do it." I say again, not buying her first bullshit of an answer.

"I have worked through so many corporations to get you where you are now.. you are this strong because of me."

"You worked under Howard, didn't you?"

"Whose Howard darling? I only worked under the names of organizations, not under the people, beautiful." Her smirk grew greater.

"So you wanted me to turn out as a bad person, huh?" I asked, my voice still quite unsteady, but I managed to control it more.

"You'll be my little partner in crime sweet pea. We'll make history together.." She began walking closer. Out of instinct, I began to back up, my body and mind perceiving her as a dangerous individual.

"Shut up. This isn't some disney movie, Marsala." I spat.

"Ouch... Marsala? Do you have no respect for your mother?" Her voice coming out a bit more aggressive and serious now.