11 - Parallel Echo

• Quick note before you read: This chapter talks a lot about Y/N's ability and how she plans to work and use it. It's a lot and I hope I didn't make it super hard to understand but, all is well!! <33333

The ensemble of unforeseen notes and tunes play belligerently in my ears. The sound and sight of aura flowing effortlessly around my body and into my shell-like entry-ways.

I practiced my hatsu to the best of my ability, while I thought about what my power could exhibit and its exact measurements to ensure high-level hierarchy. I sat and practiced my ten and ren as I simultaneously meditated, thinking about my possible advantages and disadvantages.

Kurapika resided on my bed, monitoring my movements to make sure I was doing everything right.

"Y/N, can you explain to me exactly what you are willing to manifest for your power?" Kurapika mumbled. That was something I did think about, but didn't completely have an answer for.

"Not so much for manifest, but I know exactly what I want to endorse for my power." I stated. Kurapika pleaded forth and sat next to me on the ground, now directly by my left side. "Tell me." He added.

I took a quick huff and explained. "Since I will be able to reflect light and color, I desire being able to control, mimic, create, or impersonate the shape of light and color once it's reflected. Another aspect of the mirror is that I will be able to make an exact copy of myself. In other words, I will just be able to clone myself." I explained.

Kurapika lifted an eyebrow, taking in everything I just said. "I understand. But you are aware of the required disadvantages for a power as salient as your wishes, correct?" Kurapika queried. 

I pursed my lips and nodded quickly.

"Oh yea of course. My disadvantages are quite complex, so I'd advise that you'd listen closely,--" I say as I leaned in a bit closer. "--If my opponent has powers that are completely out of my range of capabilities, then I cannot control, mimic, create, or impersonate them, but I can still clone myself. I can only clone myself every 6 hours, so in order for the clone to last, it cannot be defeated.--" I explain, further elaborating my disadvantages.

Kurapika was watching intently as I explained my drawbacks, maintaining eye-contact as I did so. "--If the clone is defeated, I cannot create another one for another 6 hours, otherwise, it can stay however long I want it to, though it does take stamina. As for things that inhibit my ability, I have to avoid trying to control, mimic, create, or impersonate immensely sharp objects.--"

This specific drawback peaked Kurapika's attention, but he didn't interrupt. "--Any person who has common sense would know that if something insanely sharp bounced off of glass of some sort, it could potentially crack. Well, the same analogy would apply to my ability. If I would try to mimic, or create a tremendously sharp object, then my effort to mimic it could 'shatter', if you will." I explain.

There was an abundance of disadvantages to my ability, but if I'm being completely fair, I have some powerful advantages as well. Kurapika laid his head back against the end of the bed board and sighed, his Adam's apple prominent to his features.

He closed his eyes. "I take it that you really thought this whole thing through, huh?" He says, opening one eye and taking a peek at me. I chuckled and cover my mouth in the process.

"Too much?" I giggled.

He lifted his head off of the end of the bed board and looked over to me. "No, as a matter of fact, I was expecting such due diligence from you." He responded. I smiled and looked to the floor in front of me.

"Yeah. Did I mention that I also won't be able to control, mimic, create, or impersonate non-tangible objects?" I added. Kurapika took his gaze off of me and stared into space, trying to trace back to when I said that.