12 - Undeniable Assembly

I closed my eyes and envision the future events. "Hope for the best...... of course." I whisper, but loud enough for him to hear, smiling through my teeth.

"Say, what do you think about going out to the courtyard to practice your hatsu from what you've learned so far about mirrors?" Kurapika says presumptuously.

"That doesn't sound too bad... Although we should be wary of anyone outside of our vicinity." I let my gaze wander the space surrounding our bodies. Kurapika seemed to shrug his shoulders at my input.

"I don't mind that in the slightest." Kurapika said, as he heads for the outside corridors.

---------------

5 months later.

The waters danced in the sink only to flow down the drain to some locus unknown to me. My toothbrush glided across my teeth as I hummed my favorite tune that has been traveling in my head for the longest now.

My hair seemed to keep getting caught on my toothpaste stained face. 

'I think it's time for a trim.'

I finished brushing my teeth, and went to my room, now coated in turquoise paints and subtle glitters that flashed my eyes. I've decorated my room with my favorite souvenirs and colors since the last time anyones been in it.

These last few months have been filled with training non-stop. Working my ass off to comply to this mission ahead of me. This undertaking has been under our feet for a while now. Kurapika and I have been searching for following leads regarding Howard's whereabouts.

I've lost my will to even put a formality in advance to his name, it no longer sat right with me.

Kurapika and I decided that it would be unethical to make me train to perfection before his departure. It would just tire me out before the actual assignment took place, which would put our success rate down by at least 50%.

We couldn't afford that, considering the importance what he has in his possession.

Now that I've trained my desired reality, it was now time to put this expedition into motion.

⊱✿⊰

"Originally, Lauri wasn't supposed to be apart of this." The words left my lips in downcast of emotion. She completed her tutoring not even 3 weeks ago. It was time for her to have her time all to herself.

"Yes, but let's be concrete for a second, Y/N. I know you envisioned a preferable mission with less people, but we have no other choice. We can't just leave her here without a word, let alone lie to her." Kurapika's gaze was met with mine. I fiddled with my fingers out of worry and curiosity.

"I know. I just wish we planned this out better." I trail. Presumptuously, we were going to go about this mission with rushed potentiality, albeit there being only two of of us up against however many people Howard had on his side before. But, this was before we concluded the elapsed timing of my training.

However, Howard has since left the perimeter of York New, so theres an obvious change to our plans. We were simply drafting to track him down with an additional person by our side, or not.

"Do you meet a better suggestion rather than what we've already discussed?" Kurapika queried. My eyes traveled the anteroom encasing us, "Kurapika, have you yet to think about her capabilities? She only just got done with her tutoring, she doesn't even have a clue what nen is yet. How the hell do you expect her to come along with us?" I question quietly, exempt from any outside ears.