17 - Inclined Eternity

Aqua streams glide down my body as the steam from the hot water took over my senses, the slit on my face stinging every now and again. My thoughts running apace in my brain from my previous actions, and the ones that'll take place soon with the upcoming masquerade.

I shut the water off and stepped out of the bathtub. Water attempting to flow past the towel that now lay underneath my feet. The cool air hit me as soon as I set foot outside the shower.

I made my way into my room to change into some comfortable clothing. I rolled open the drawers to pull out a black cropped T, and black biker shorts. I decided on gray crew socks for extra comfort.

"The masquerade is less than a few days away.." I spoke my thoughts out loud as I opened my computer screen to browse the web for research.

I opened up Boogle, and type in 'masquerade happening soon in York New'.

Clicking enter, no results popped up for neither hosts or guests. That struck me as peculiar. For a 'party' to be organized such as this one, you would expect for there to be at most, lees of knowledge laying around somewhere.

Perhaps the letters were only visually available to nen users? But that can't be true, because Lauri was able to see it along with Kurapika and I.

'Maybe I'm not searching hard enough.'

I get up from my bed to grab the envelope. As I'm approaching, the air started to unsettle with the same feeling I had gained before. Although I can say that I was expecting it, it never gets any less terrifying.

I opened the envelope and pulled the paper from the inside of it. My eyes thoroughly inspected the paper before me.

Plain-spoken, from the fright I was experiencing the last time I opened this, its incontrovertible to mention I could've missed a fragment of something important here. Being inquisitive was honestly the best deed as of now, as my life and others could potentially be put on the line.

As my eyes are still scanning the paper, there is, what appears to be a name, inscribed in cursive in the bottom right corner.

The name read 'Kowari Iburu.'

For some reason, the name rung a bell. Flo warned me about someone along these lines knowing me personally, but I never took it into consideration.

Jumping to conclusions however, is not what to do in this particular set of circumstances.

I sat back on my bed and woke my laptop by tapping the mouse pad. After it opened, I typed in Kowari Iburu.

Again, no results popped up.

'I have no other choice.'

I picked up my device and went straight to messages. It was becoming very often that I've been asking Kurapika for help, but he's the only one who has access to the Hunter's Association website that I know of.

This name rolls off the tongue almost a little too easily for my taste. And since this person has nen in their reserve, its also possible that they could be a hunter by some chance.

I clicked Kurapika's contact and begin texting him.

Kurapika

ʏ/ɴ | -

kurapika?

Delivered

Now I just have to wai-

Ding.

ᴋᴜʀᴀᴘɪᴋᴀ | -

Yes?