13 - First, but Not My Last

"Call him."

"..."

Was he being serious? Call him? What the hell would I say?

"Kurapika, let's be real here.." I rolled my eyes at his muse. He looked up from his laptop and and up to me. My eyes were already burning daggers into his.

"I'm being serious, Y/N." He says, his silver eyes staring into my soul. His aspect perceived one as undeviating and steadily worn.

"You can't be serious. There's just no way I'm calling the man I ran away from. Did you forget what this man is capable of already?!" I hollered in a panic.

Lauri stood up to come to my aid. "Y/N, calm down, its okay. -- You can't lie though, Kurapika technically has a point. If it isn't the only thing we can do right now, how else will we get ahold of him?" Lauri spoke rhetorically, patting my back in attempt to comfort me.

Kurapika began eyeing his computer once again before pondering his next idea. "How about this... why don't I call him and find a way to bait him in." He said. 

This seemed to be the most plausible idea in my mind, because I was far too nervous to do anything on my end.

Lauri simply just nodded in Kurapika's direction before looking at me for approval. I shifted my gaze between the two of them, before finally nodding my head.

"Don't mention my name." I state quietly, but boldly enough.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and handed it to Kurapika. He began scrolling through my contact list before coming to the 'M' section of it. He sees 'Mr. Alpin" and hesitates to press the name for a quick second. 

This made me realize that I never changed his contact name to solely Howard, removing any advances.

After his quick hesitations, he finally pressed the contact and the phone went buzzing. He pressed the speaker button and awaited for an answer, looking at the two of us for any sign of fear.

"Just so you know, my number is technically anonymous to him, since he quite literally only uses a work based mobile device." I trail.

After a couple of seconds went by, we heard a click on the other end.

Kurapika was the first to speak up. "Hello, is this Howard Alpin?"

There was silence on the other line before he spoke back, voice low, slow, and intimidating. "Who's asking?" His voice shone through the line like a sun of darkness voiding wooden blinds.

Kurapika stood dumbfounded, trying to come up with a sensible lie to lure the mischievous man into his trap.

"I am the headman of the Utopian SK, Phillip Castillo. I am calling in reference to a relatively new heirloom that has been in intermission for quite some time now." Kurapika states, no sign of faltering whatsoever.

'What the hell is Utopian SK and who is Phillip?'

"Phillip Castillo, huh?.." Howard trailed before continuing. "I see. What is this heirloom and why is it of interest to me in specific?" He finished.

It seems like this Castillo guy was known among underground businesses from what I've gathered. Otherwise, how do I not know about him?

"This heirloom is relatively new. You may know that these preserves pass down from generation to generation, but this one is of great value, and therefore, should be passed to someone worth great value to match its prestige."  The words flowing out his mouth like a waterfall.

Howard coughs with a few grunts here and there, coming from old age. "I'm surprised someone of your status would even consider me to be worth it.--" He says with a gummy smile. "--I am more than welcome to take whatever you have to offer me, Mr. Castillo." His grim tone replaced with confidence.