14 - Unexpected Overture

Sauntering towards the hallway that lead to my room was ultimately slower than leaving it. Lauri and I were now stuffed from all the food from the recreational center. 

Kurapika trudged ahead of our slow figures.

We were headed for my room, as I was told I had received mail from the usher up front. Arriving closer and closer to the following door that read '509', we come to a halt once we were right in front of it. I searched my pockets for my keycard, soon pulling it out once my fingers brushed against the flat material.

Kurapika made way for me to scan the keycard over the door's reader, opening the door once it made the 'click' noise, allowing us inside its vicinity. I walked inside looking around for any mail that I was told I had secured. Lauri's face was filled with glimmer as she eyed the new walls that surrounded our frames.

Kurapika was too, looking around in surprise as he didn't take me for the type to be decorative, which I wasn't at first, but something changed.

As the door shut behind the last two rearing me, I eyed the desk next to my bed. There, lay a royal blue envelope, with a burned gold stamp sealing it shut. My steps were slow as I approached the desk. I've never received mail that appeared to be so sophisticated before.

As I picked up the envelope off of its former setting, I sat on my bed that took place next to the desk and stared at the envelope with an unyielding expression. I saw Lauri proceed in my peripheral, soon taking notice of the envelope in my hands.

"What is that?" Lauri sat next to me, still looking at the envelope.

"Its the mail I was told that I received, but somethings off about it, and I don't like it." I trailed. I looked back at Kurapika who was already beginning to approach after I stated my suspicion for the wrap.

Kurapika stopped right in front me, looking at the casing even more intently than I was before. He squinted his eyes towards what resided in my hands. His eyelashes coating his vision the farther he squinted his lids.

He kneeled in front of my sitting figure, now just below eye level. He held his hand out to me, awaiting for the envelope to now house his slender fingers. His eyes flickered from my E/C ones to the envelope as he waited for me to place it in his hand.

I reluctantly placed the wrap in his hand. After I did so, he silently congratulated me by tapping my knee, and standing up, now eyeing the envelope. Just as Lauri's, my room also had a seat that sat adjacent to my bed, to which Kurapika now took place in.

"What are you doing?" I stood up and walked towards Kurapika, Lauri following suit.

He was still looking at the envelope, only this time, his lips were slightly parted. I stared at him with confusion covering my features.

"It seems this envelope is coated with nen of some type.--" his gaze taking itself off of what was in his hands, now deciding it would meet my inflamed expression. My confusion only worsened after he mentioned it being encased with nen.

"--I'm not certain with who this may be from. Do you perhaps know anyone that may have... infatuation towards you?" Kurapika straggled.

A slight blush coated my features upon hearing this question. "I-I'm sorry... a person infatuated with me? Er- I don't even know many people besides you, Lauri, Melody, Basho, Flo, and Howard..." I search my mind for any potential advocates for a secret admirer.

"This type of infatuation may not be love associated. My senses aren't that strong when it comes to undisclosed preliminary nen, but from what I can sense, it's telling me that it's an urgency. Whoever sent you this, needs to see you under some dubious terms." His silver gaze beaming my E/C eyes.