Chapter 8

Nitro

"You're safe, Little One." I whisper into her hair as she tenses in my arms and buries her face into my neck. Her arms are wrapped tightly around my neck, and I can feel how scared she is. I will die before I let anything happen to this woman. I have promised to protect her with my life and that's what I'm going to do.

Something inside of me has snapped. Spike comes over to help but I shake my head at him. I don't want his help or anyone's for that matter. I want to be the only one she needs and the only one to protect her.

I know she's in shock. She's just killed a man. Fuck, two men. I wish she didn't have to do it. After what Lawman told me, and now what she's been through tonight, this isn't going to be easy for her to get through. And I'm going to be here to help her.

I reach the truck and place her up in the seat. She seems almost out of it now, like every bit of energy is gone. She lays her head on the middle console and curls up into a ball on the seat. Fuck, she's so little and so fucking beautiful.

I close the door and walk over to Spike and the other guys, waiting behind the truck. 

"She alright?" Spike asks rubbing his goatee.

"She will be. She killed that guy, man." I tell him shaking my head. Fuck she killed two, but the driver wasn't intentional. 

"What?" Spike's eyes grow large in disbelief.

"Yep, shot the passenger, one fucking shot. The driver freaked out and crashed." I rub the back of my neck with my hand as I glance over at the truck.

"Just like, Lawman." Spike shakes his head and looks towards the truck with me. Lawman's a damn good lawyer but he's also a Marine and a fucking damn good sniper.

"Yes, she's a fucking badass, I just fucking wish she didn't have to do it. Let's get the fuck out of here." I pat him on the back.

"She's also fucking gorgeous." Spike smiles and climbs onto his bike.

"Don't I fucking know it." I smirk at him as I walk off towards the truck.

I open the door to the truck and climb in to see Lily is still curled into a ball with her head on the middle, closed console between us, although she's taken off her hoodie and thrown it into the floorboard, along with her gun holster. Her gun, still in the open console between us. 

"Who are those men?" she asks weakly, as I put the truck in gear and pull out onto the road. 

"Members of the club, Little One." I respond fighting the urge to place my hand on her to calm her.

"They riding with us?" she yawns, sounding so fucking tired.

"Yes" I look down at her and want so badly to run my fingers over her face to help her sleep. She needs sleep after all this. What the fuck, I've never wanted to rub a woman's face before. Or even given a fuck if they sleep. What the fuck has snapped inside of me?

"Good" she sighs causing her tits to press out further from the top of her tank top. Fuck this woman is going to kill me.

When we've been back on the highway a few minutes, I hear her breathing begin to slow and know she is finally asleep. Good, sleep is good. And right now, is a great time to call Lawman. After what just happened, Lawman needs to know what she did. 

I dial Lawman's number and turn down the volume to try not to wake her. 

"Nitro, everything ok?" he answers panicked.

"It is now, but she was definitely seen, or else Steven's driver showed up. Whoever it was decided to shoot at us." I glance down at Lily to see if she's still sleeping, which she is. 

"What happened?" He asks, his voice still panicked.

"You know she has a gun?" I ask him, glancing down at the black .380 in the open console.

"Yeah, she has two of them. Why?" Lawman asks and I can hear the nervous anticipation in his voice of what I'm about to tell him.

"She's the one that saved us, Lawman." I tell him unsure of how to break the news to him that not only did she kill someone, but she's the one that saved us.

"Fuck, what happened?" I can't tell if he's pissed or concerned.

"They pulled out trying to stop us. I swerved, missing them and they proceeded to chase us. They got one shot off which hit the passenger mirror. Then she pulled out a gun she was hiding under her hoodie. I was driving and she looked pretty damn comfortable with the thing, so I gave her my unmarked one. She shot the driver and killed him with one shot." Damn I was proud of her. I knew she killed a man, taking out two, but it was us or them and she killed them. Even if it was a lucky shot. But something told me it wasn't.

Besides some of the old ladies and female Marines, I didn't run into too many civilian women that knew how to shoot that fucking good. She did an excellent job, just as I'm sure Lawman taught her.

"Fuck, I know that's going to fuck with her, but goddamn I can't help but be proud of her. One shot?" I can hear the grin in Lawman's voice. He was a fucking sniper and was even an Enforcer for the club in his younger days for a while before going into law and becoming the club's lawyer. Being able to shoot, and shoot that good, was something to be respected.

"One shot." I repeat to him grinning as I look down at her again. 

"Good thinking about the unmarked gun. How is she?" He asks and I can still hear the smile in his voice, mixed with concern for Lily. 

"Sleeping" Her breathing is still the same as before and I watch as her tits softly rise and fall. Yep, she's sleeping and fuck, she looks so fucking good.

"Sleeping?" he sounds surprised, and it tears my eyes away from her tits. I shake my head to snap myself out of this fucking daze she puts me in. Fuck, this not having any sleep is really fucking with my head. I've never just sat and stared at woman like this.

"Yeah, I figured that was good after the night she's had. Adrenaline dump and all." I respond glancing down at her again. This time, I find myself reaching down and gently tucking a strand of her black hair behind her ear. 

Fuck, she is beautiful. I fight the urge to rub her cheek, placing my arm on the console next to her head instead. Fuck, I just want to touch her.

"Yeah, it is good. Just odd. She never sleeps. Has insomnia and nightmares worse than Tex use too." Tex was one of the men riding behind us.

Texas, or Tex as we call him, is a club Enforcer and he's also one of the men I served with in the Marines along with Spike and Tank. Tex is a badass, and someone you'd want with you when the shit hit the fan. Not only because he's a great fighter, but he's also a medic.

After our last tour overseas, he was a fucking mess from the shit that happened. He had nightmares for years that would wake him up sweating from panic attacks. I remember the nights he would refuse sleep, not wanting the nightmares to come. Those were the fucking worst.

What the hell happened to her that she would have worse nightmares than he did? I glance down at her again sleeping peacefully next to me. She seems to feel safe, right now. That's a good thing.

"Let's count this one as a win, Lawman." I grin down at her and look back to the road.

"Thanks again for this, Nitro. But remember, keep your hands off my little girl." His voice is stern, but I can't promise him anything.

"I hear you." I tell him and hang up. I'd love to have my hands all over this woman but there's no way in hell a beauty like her would go for someone like me. Besides, she's already got someone.