Chapter 27

Nitro

I'm sitting next to Lily eating breakfast at the bar and it feels so fucking normal. It's only been a few days and I can't believe how quickly things have happened. From the second I laid eyes on her; I knew there was something pulling me towards her. Now, knowing the way our bodies react to each other, there's no denying we belong together.

But... she's with Steven. Fuck, I just hope that whatever this complicated bullshit is, it isn't serious.

After breakfast, we clean up and she leans against the counter eyeing me.

"Now what?" she asks with a flirty grin, and teasing me with her come fuck me eyes, her wolf eyes. Fuck, I would love to come fuck you, Little One, but I have to have answers... now. I need to know if I'm about to get the heart broken, that I didn't even know I had.

I play into her tease and walk slowly to her, placing my hands on the counter to either side of her and I lean down until we're eye to eye. I look deeply into her hazel eyes as she bites down on her lower lip. Fuck, I love it when she does that.

"I want to pick you up and fuck you on this counter, but I can't." I growl at her softly.

"Why not?" she asks, almost pouting. Fuck me, that's so fucking cute. Why not? Fuck, because I'm a pussy that needs to know what my competition is, to have her all to myself...that's why.

"Because we need to talk." Yep, I'm a pussy.

"About?" she whispers and her come fuck me eyes are gone. Fuck, why didn't I just put her on the counter and fuck her.

"Steven" his name in my mouth makes me sick, but then I see the fear in her eyes. Little one, I'm fucking scared too. Scared that he means more than what she's been letting on.

"Okay" she whispers. "What do you want to know?"

"Do you love him? Why is it complicated? Do I need to back off?" I straighten my body and stand in front of her to give us both some room to talk.

I shove my hands in my pockets to try to hide how fucking nervous I am. I study her face and see that she's just as scared as I am. Fuck, I'm about to get my heart broken.

"I don't love him, and I do not want to be with him. And I absolutely, do not want you to back off." I release the breath I was holding at her confession.

"Then why is it still complicated, Little One?" I ask, shaking my head slowly in confusion. How can it be complicated, if you don't want to be with the person? Especially, since she doesn't want me to back off.

She hesitates for a second, and then demands, "Promise me you will not tell my dad or Taz." My chest tightens at the thought of what the hell she's mixed-up in. Please don't fucking tell me she's married.

"I promise." I manage to say to her. Another promise I have made to her and this one is going to break my heart.

"He's blackmailing me." she whispers, her eyes full of fear and disappointment, and I'm floored. I wasn't expecting that. 

"He's what?" I ask, trying to control the rage I feel but my voice doesn't do a good job of it. I'm going to kill this motherfucker.

"Blackmailing me." she repeats looking down at the floor.

Pulling my hand out of my pocket, I place a finger under her chin and lift her eyes to mine.

"How?" I demand needing to know, as I wipe a tear from her cheek.

"If I leave him, he will release pictures and videos of our sessions." I wipe another tear from her cheek as she looks into my eyes. This motherfucker. She's dealing with a fucking obsessed asshole that can't take no for an answer. I know all too well the craziness behind someone like that.