Chapter 37

Lily

After an hour's drive, I finally pull Dawson's truck into the parking garage next to my 4Runner. I turn off the truck and jump out, locking it and hiding the key under the driver's tire well.

Running up to my apartment, I change quickly into Steven's favorite outfit. A tight black leather skirt that barely covers my ass, a silver satin cami shirt and pair of strappy silver stilettos. I hate that I look like one of the club whores and I especially hate that I'm dressed like Tara. That this is what Dawson seems to like. Maybe Steven was right, all men prefer whores. I shake the thought and rush back out to my 4Runner, climb in and head to Steven's house.

There were so many times I could have killed Steven and gotten away with it, simply by pleading self-defense. The hardest part would be getting around the cops I knew he had in his pocket. The cops I knew would make sure I spent the rest of my life in prison. Or worse, make sure I'm sent to death row.

However, now, I'm willing to take that chance. Being stuck to deal with him or being sold to the cartel, is a worse hell than death. So, I'm going to take my chances in court.

I know Steven, he's going to want to punish me for leaving, for not coming to him and for staying away with no call or explanation. I'm prepared this time. I have a switchblade knife tucked into my bra, in hopes that will be enough to stop him. For good.

Reaching Steven's mansion, I pull up into the driveway and the gate opens instantly as the security guard recognizes my 4Runner. I look up at the massive white mansion he calls home and slowly make my way past the gate and around the circular driveway bringing my truck to a stop in front of the wide staircase leading to the large black front doors.

Taking a deep breath, I get out of the truck and close the door behind me. I slowly walk around the front of the truck and stop to stare up at Steven who is standing at the top of the staircase looking down at me. He's shirtless with his hands tucked into the pockets of his white linen pants. I can't see his feet, but I know he's barefoot. It's the same outfit he always wears before a punishment.

Fuck, time to get this over with. I walk slowly to him keeping my eyes locked on his. His eyes burn with anger, and possessiveness, and I can see even more his desire to punish me. What he doesn't know, is it will be his last time.

I reach the top of the stairs and turn to face him. He drops his eyes to look over my body and it makes me feel sick to my stomach. Looking at Steven's chiseled bare chest, his short brown hair cut in the typical businessman's haircut, and his flawless clean-shaven face, it's a shame such a beautiful man, is the devil. But then again, I guess that's how he lures his women in.

"It sure took you a while to get here, Kitten." His voice is low and flirty as he stands still looking over my body without making eye contact with me. From the way he's acting, I don't think he has any idea of what I know about him. He's acting his usual self except flirtier than usual which could be the fact he hasn't seen me in a while.

"Yes, I'm here now." I reply trying to not sound too defiant or let my anger and disgust for him show.

"Where the fuck have you been?" he locks his brown eyes on mine from finally being finished from eye fucking my body. His eyes on me.

"I told you I can't tell you that." he grins at my defiance. It's giving him more reason to punish me. Good, let's get this over with.

"I'm sure I can change that." He smirks as he grabs me by the arm and pulls me towards the house.

As we turn towards the large doors, I'm shocked to see two men in black suits standing guard just inside the front door. Besides the gate guards, Steven's never had security around his house unless he's having a party.