Chapter 43

Lawman

Nitro has made a fucking claim on Lily. I could see something was going on when I saw them walk into the bar from the hallway. Then, tonight at Steven's, she ran straight to him after Tank took down Steven. I saw it then. She didn't run to me. She ran to Nitro. I saw him kiss her. I saw him hold her. I fucking saw it all.

I fucking told him to keep his hands off her. She's been through enough. She doesn't need him breaking her fucking heart which is exactly what he's going to do. He doesn't love, he hates.

Sure, he's a good guy, but he's also ruthless and cold.

We've gotten to know each other a lot the past few years, with him being the Sergeant-At-Arms, and me being the club's lawyer. Hell, we've even gotten to be good friends if I was being completely honest.

No, I never mentioned Lily to him, or any of the other guys for that matter. Taz was the only one that was allowed around her, or to talk about her. Even the other ones that knew she existed, like Bruce and Deb, never talked about her. It was forbidden to do so. She was supposed to remain untouched by the club. That was the deal. Until now.

When I needed help to protect her, I didn't call Bruce to ask the club for help. I called Nitro for a personal favor. Tonight, I officially asked the club for their help and officially made Lily a part of the club again, as my daughter. I've betrayed her mother. I've brought her back to the place, that my Emily, didn't want her to be.

I didn't just bring her back, I put her right into the hands of the Sergeant-At-Arms. The most dangerous man in the fucking club. Nitro is the one in charge of protecting the club. If someone is to be tortured or killed, he does it or has one of his Enforcers do it. He investigates threats and takes them down. He's killed a lot of people and he's had a lot of people killed. He's fucking ruthless. It's why I called him. I knew he was the only one I trusted to protect her with his life.

Now, he fucking wants to claim her when all he's going to do is break her fucking heart.

"Go easy on him Lawman, he's my only one." Taz puts a hand on my shoulder pulling me out of my death stare on Nitro as I watch him walk away to check on Lily.

I told him to protect her, so why am I so angry that he's doing it? Because she's in his fucking room, that's why. Because he wants to claim her.

"Yeah, I'm trying but fuck, he's trying to take my only one. The club is what we were trying to keep her away from. Now she's wanting to marry into it. And to the fucking Sergeant-At-Arms at that. You know what she's been through, Taz. Hell, look at what Steven just fucking did to her. How the hell will she survive this?" I shake my head and walk towards the bar. I need a fucking beer.

"Seems shit found her that wasn't even tied to the club, man. Better her be here and protected by my boy, and all of us, than out there with people like that motherfucker she's been with. And for the record, it was your decision to keep her away from the club, I was only supporting you as your best friend and brother." He cocks his eyebrow at me as we sit at the bar. I motion to Deb to bring me two beers.

"I have no doubt he'll protect her. It's why I called him. He's going to break her heart. Not only that, being with him means she continues looking over her shoulder. If someone comes after him, they come after her." I know right now it seems like it's the other way around, but fuck, I know what the club is into, and I know Nitro is a hated man by some. Being with him, she'll be looking over her shoulder the rest of her life.

Deb sets the beers in front of us and walks off as we both take a sip.

"Yeah, and when someone comes after her, they come after him. Guess it's her turn first." Taz laughs and I can't help but grin. He knew what I was thinking. He also knows, as well as I do, that if Lily wants Nitro, nobody's going to stop her. Hell, look at the shit with Steven. We told her how much we hated him, but she stayed anyway. I'm sure there's more to that story though, now that I've seen Steven has no problem threatening to kill her.