Chapter 14

Nitro

I wake to the feeling of sunlight on my face. Opening my eyes, I stare at the living room ceiling and realize that I must have fallen asleep watching movies. Hearing a tiny moan, I pick up my head from the back of the couch and look down to find Lily curled up next to me. Her head, and her left hand, are resting on my thigh and she's holding the throw pillow against her chest with her right arm. The feeling of her on me sends shivers down my spine. Fuck, it feels so good to have her this close to me.

She seems so peaceful, and I can't believe we fell asleep like this. Besides her not sleeping, Lawman also mentioned her having nightmares but so far, she's been free of them here. And she's sleeping. Fuck...I'm sleeping. I can't believe I slept, and with her next to me. I've never slept next to a woman before.

She stirs again and I gently pull a strand of hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear. She grins and looks up into my eyes and then the look of shock takes over and she sits up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep on you." She seems panicked and embarrassed.

"It's ok, Little One. I fell asleep too." I try to reassure her and stand to stretch.

"Yeah, I normally don't sleep like this. I'm not sure what's wrong with me." she looks up at me still sitting on the couch.

"Your body is exhausted. You've been through a lot the past few days and you're comfortable enough to sleep. Come on, let's get showers, some breakfast and hit the road. I need to run to the clubhouse to get some supplies together." I hold my hand out to help her up and she takes it, standing in front of me. The touch of her skin causes my heart to race. Fuck, I want to pick her up and take her to my bed to have her for breakfast.

She releases my hand and I watch as she disappears into her room closing the door behind her. My cock grows hard knowing she's getting undressed behind that door. Fuck, I wish I was undressing her.

I shake my head and rush off to my room to shower which only causes my erection to return. I think of her in my shower and my hands all over her smooth, sexy skin as I wash her. Reaching down, I grab my hard cock and think about her as I stroke it until I come imagining her body against mine.

Finishing my shower, I get dressed in a black t-shirt, jeans and my black bike boots before rushing out to the kitchen to make her breakfast. I could do this every fucking morning. I want to do this every fucking morning. Fuck, what am I thinking!

I've wondered if I would ever feel this for a woman. The desire to want to do things for her. The desire to want to protect her. The desire to want to fuck her every time I look at her. I've never found it, not even with Tara, even though I fucked around with her for years. In all that time, I never looked at her, the way I do Lily. I took Tara on a date, once, and I made her meet me there. Hell, I never asked anything about her, I never even invited her here to the cabin. I never had her on my bike, or in my truck, and I never thought of her as my woman. She was something to pass the time when I was home on leave from the Marines. That was it.

I throw a few slices of bacon into a hot pan, bread in the toaster and start slicing an avocado. Turning to flip the bacon, I freeze as I see Lily in the doorway of the kitchen.

She's wearing dark blue, hip hugger, skinny jeans and a black leather belt with several small silver chains wrapped around it. Her tight sexy abs are on full display, as are her tits, that are pushing out of a tiny black, short sleeve crop top. On her feet are black leather biker boots with small silver buckles on the sides. Her long black hair is braided and hanging over her left shoulder. There's a black braided choker around her neck and black leather bracelets stacked on both of her wrists. She is the epitome of a biker chic.

"Little One, you look beautiful." I tell her and she grins at me. Damn my wolf has come out to play today and I want play with Lily. The longer I spend time with her, the more I fucking want her, and the more I fucking hate hiding it. Especially with her looking like this. If I didn't know the truth, I would assume she was raised at the clubhouse.

"Thank you. You're looking pretty good yourself, Nitro." I see her cheeks turn pink as she teases me. It makes me blush. Fuck, I never blush.

She makes her way to the bar and sits down on a barstool across from me. I manage to peel my eyes away from her long enough to finish cooking. I can tell she's lost in thought, and I know she's worried about going to the clubhouse along with everything else that's happening in her life right now. I want nothing more than to protect her, to help her through all of it.

"So, the stuff about your dad and the club. Have you ever asked him yourself?" I ask her as I sit down next to her on a barstool and set a plate in front of her.

"Thank you," she grins at me and continues, "Once, and he refused to talk about it." Her voice is low and distracted as she takes a bite of her breakfast.

"Maybe he's trying to protect you." I offer her before biting into a piece of bacon. He probably doesn't want her anywhere around the bullshit that happens around the club. Or bikers in general.

"No, he's trying to control what I know. He has always made the decision of what to keep me in the dark about and this, is one of those many things." She rolls her eyes and takes another bite of her breakfast.

"I'm sure he has his reasons, Little One. The Lawman I know, is always thinking five steps ahead." Hell, he's the one that I picked that ability up from. Lawman taught me a lot of things that have paved my way to be an amazing Marine and an Enforcer for the club, which has also earned my rank as the club's Sergeant-at-Arms.

"I just don't understand it. Except for Taz, dad kept me away from all of it. If he trusts you, and the club to protect me now, then why keep me away when I was growing up? And why not even mention me? Or you for that matter?" she slides off the barstool frustrated and heads to the sink with her plate.

She's right. She's been lied to her entire life about the club, and we've been lied too about her. Why trust us now? Sure, we can, and will, protect her from whatever is happening with these apartment murders, but why keep her away like this? Being lied to and shielded from something her entire life, has to be making her trust issues even worse.

"I will do everything in my power to get you some answers, Little One." I slide off the barstool and join her at the sink. She looks up at me and grins.

"Thank you, Nitro. You've been so fucking nice to me." she grins before turning around and walks off towards the living room. Fuck, these compliments she's laying on me today are driving me wild.

"You're welcome, Little One." I reply following behind her. She grabs her black leather jacket from the back of the couch and throws it on. She grins at me as I realize I'm staring at her like an idiot. I can't help but watch her, she's so fucking beautiful that I don't want to take my eyes off of her.

Finally tearing my eyes away from her, I head to my bedroom and pull on my club cut. I head outside to the garage towards my bike as Lily follows closely behind me. Grabbing two helmets from the shelf, I hand her one and notice, she's staring at my cut.

"It's just me in a cut, Little One." I reassure her as she takes the helmet.

"I know. Dad and Taz wear theirs a lot. I'm ok." She nods, reassuring both of us. She's a fighter, and she's determined to push through the bullshit. I fucking like that about her.

"Do you need help?" I grin at her looking at the helmet in her hands.

"Nope, I've done this a million times." She says as she pulls the helmet over her head. Fuck yes, that's good to know. I was beginning to worry that she didn't like bikes, clubhouses or cuts. Looks like I have only one thing to worry about now...the clubhouse. But if I know her, she's going to push through that shit too.

I climb onto the bike, and she places her tiny hands on my shoulders and climbs up behind me. She nestles herself against my back and wraps her arms around my waist. Yep, the way she did that, she's a fucking pro at riding. I pull on my helmet and place my hand over her hands.

Fuck, she belongs here, behind me with her hands wrapped around my waist. I start the bike and rev it under us feeling the vibrations take over. The sound echoes through the trees and mountains around us. I release my grip on her hand and pull the bike out. I head down the driveway towards the clubhouse with Lily on my bike, as it should be.