Chapter 13

Lily

Nitro's told me I'm beautiful, he's flirting with me and now he's insistent on wanting to know about Steven. Does this ruggedly handsome, beast of man, like me? I know I like him. I like how he makes me feel. I like that we have a lot in common. But I know, whatever this is between us, it can't be.

As soon as Nitro finds out the truth about Steven and me, it's a wrap. Nitro won't look at me the way he is right now – like he wants to throw me down on the court and fuck me. Now, I've just teased him into a bet and the one thing he wants to know is about Steven. Fuck me, what have I done? I better fucking make this shot.

Nitro tosses the ball to me, grinning. I catch it and place my feet shoulder length apart, bending my knees slightly, I begin to dribble. I look up at the net and dribble twice more before I hold the ball lightly in my hands. Focusing on the net, I aim, I breathe, I shoot...and I score. Fuck yes, my secret about Steven lives a little longer and I get to continue to flirt with this sexy, beast of a man.

"Holy shit. Who taught you how to play?" he stands looking at me in awe as I smile mischievously at him.

"Dad mostly, but for the crazy shots it was his best friend, Taz." I shrug to him, and he laughs.

"What?" I ask him confused, not understanding what's so funny.

"Now I know why you're so good." He puts his hands on his hips eyeing me.

"You know Taz?" I ask before realizing what a stupid question that is. Of course, he does, Taz is the fucking Vice President of the Wolves.

"Yeah, he's, my dad." He says laughing, and I'm stunned.

"No shit?" I look at him in shock. Taz never mentioned having a kid.

"Lawman mentioned the other night that Pops helped raise you, guess it didn't register." Nitro says shaking his head in disbelief.

"Fuck, he never mentioned a kid. He's been around since I was a little girl. He's like a second dad to me." I squat down and sit on the concrete, shocked. Nitro continues to stand across from me as he looks down at me.

"Yeah, they never mentioned you either. I wonder why." He runs his hand through is black hair and I notice that he has Taz's features. Fuck, this is unreal.

"I was hoping you could tell me that." I bend my knees and wrap my arms around them locking my fingers together. Nitro turns around and walks over to a small fridge in the detached garage and grabs out two water bottles.

"Fuck, I have no idea, Little One." He says as he walks back to me. Squatting down in front of me, he hands me a bottle and I take it from him. I'm not sure why he calls me Little One but I'm really beginning to like it. It also reminds me of Taz's nickname for me, Little Bit.

He opens his water bottle and takes a sip without taking his eyes off me. I let my eyes fall to his neck at the gleams of sweat on his skin and watch as one slides down and disappears under his tank top. Fuck, I wonder if this is what he looks like after a rough fuck. I look up from his chest to see him grinning at me.

"Is that what you wanted to ask me?" his voice is low and sexy. I nod, unable to speak wondering if he could read my previous thoughts. Sure, I might have wanted to know something else. Having him this close, how could I not? I open the water bottle and take a sip as he answers.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know. I will be happy to find out for you though." He eyes me, resting a wrist on his knee while he plays with the cap to his water bottle between his fingers.

"Thank you, Nitro." I manage to say as my eyes are fixed on the bottle cap that is sliding in and out between his large fingers.

"It's my pleasure, Little One. Anything else you want to know?" he asks bringing my eyes back to his. I swallow hard and wonder about the one thing that has been on my mind.