Chapter 29

Lily

Nitro has ordered Spike to dig to find out everything he can on a possible connection between Steven and the apartment. I pray there isn't. I hope that Steven found the photos online and downloaded them himself and that was all. If he had something to do with it, that could mean he was having me watched.

Fuck, I don't want to think about the photos, or the apartment, or the men in the apartment for a minute. I would like to focus of my freedom from Steven for at least one minute. I never thought I'd be free of him and now I am. I am free!

I can tell Nitro is deep in thought and I know he's furious. I'm scared of how he really feels about all of this deep down. Now, that he's seen the proof of what I told him. Now, that he's heard and seen that I'm nothing but a whore.

After we left Spike's office, Nitro has been in a rush to get us out of the clubhouse. When Tex spotted us, he invited me to play him in a game of pool, but Nitro quickly turned him down. Bruce then wanted to talk to us, but Nitro told him we'd take a raincheck that we've got to get back to the house. When we make our way outside, he almost knocks over two members and doesn't give a rat's ass that he did. He just continues to push past them dragging me towards his bike.

What the fuck, is he so pissed at? Is he tired of dealing with the baggage that seems to follow me around? Is it seeing me in those photos? Is it what he heard? Is he mad because now he sees me as a whore, just like Steven did?

He releases my hand and I watch him as he climbs onto his bike. He hands me my helmet and I reluctantly grab it looking at him.

"Get on, Lily." His voice is harsh and demanding making me uncomfortable.

"No" I tell him, gently shaking my head at him. I see his eyes look over my shoulder and I can tell we aren't alone. Someone is watching us from the clubhouse, but I don't care. Right now, all I care about is why the hell he's so pissed.

"Get on the bike, Lily." He lowers his voice, but the demand is still there as he stares at me intensely.

"No. Not until you tell me why you're so pissed." I demand, holding my helmet by my side.

"I'm not." He insists, keeping his eyes locked on mine.

"Bullshit." I hiss at him, matching my tone to his...pissed.

"Fine. I'm pissed." He shouts at me, and I see the rage in his eyes. I know I should be scared. He's fucking massive and he looks scary as fuck when he's angry like this, but I know he will not hurt me.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry, Little One." he immediately flies off his bike towards me, his eyes full of regret and fear.

I back away from his grasp and place a hand on his chest to keep him away from me. I know I should be angry and afraid at his outburst, but I am not. I understand it and I forgive it. I will forgive him anything, even after everything Steven has put me through. I know that Nitro wants to protect me and keep me safe. He has saved me. I know, Nitro won't hurt me...and I'm fucking falling for him.

"Why are you pissed?" I demand him. I need him to tell me what is wrong. I need him to open up to me, to be honest with me, the way he demands it from me.

"Because of that!" He shouts, holding a hand in the air towards the clubhouse. He's referring to the images he has just seen. Fuck, he might not hurt me but ...I'm losing him. The rage returns in his dark blue eyes. I've lost him. My heart is fucking breaking.

"Because now you think I'm a whore?" I hold back the tears that are burning my eyes.

"No, Little One, you are not a whore." he whispers, the hurt returning in his eyes, overshadowing the rage. He tries to close the distance between us, but I press my hand firmly against his chest telling him to stop. I can feel the rise and fall of it beneath my hand. Please don't let this man want to get rid of me. I'm not sure I can take that. Please tell me I haven't lost him. He's the one that protects me.