Chapter 56

Lily

I have tried to keep myself busy while Dawson has been gone. I got dressed, cleaned the bathroom and then started cleaning our room. When I'm halfway through hanging our clothes in the closest, I find a biker magazine and decide to take a break, lying on the bed to read it.

I know he's dealing with Steven again and I hate it. Not because Steven doesn't deserve it, he does. I hate it because I did this. This is my fuck up and I wish there was something I could do to help make it go away.

After ten minutes, I give up on the magazine unable to stop the thoughts that are racing in my mind. I grab Dawson's guitar to see if that will calm my nerves when I hear Army's phone ring on the other side of the bedroom door. A second later, he knocks on the door and my heart sinks wondering what might be wrong, or what question Dawson has for me now. Opening the door, I see Army's concerned face staring back at me.

"Nitro wants you downstairs in church." Army says with an expression that tells me someone getting called to church, isn't typically a good thing. Fuck.

"Ok, one second." Turning from him, I leave the door open and retrieve the gun Dawson told me not leave the room without, from the nightstand. I dig out my stomach holster from my bag and strap it around the center of my stomach below my black crop top, securing Dawson's 9mm in the right-side pocket.

I catch my reflection in the mirror and can't help but grin. I look like a badass. Straight out of a movie, badass. Military style pants, crop top, gun strapped to my stomach and biker boots – the same outfit I would wear whenever Dad, Taz and I, and sometimes my friends, would play airsoft or paintball. Fuck, they've been training me for this for years and I didn't even realize it. I'm not sure they did either.

It feels so fucking good to be myself again. To dress how I want to. To not feel weak, the way I have felt for months. I feel strong and fierce, like a fighter. The fighter I have been trying to be, since my mom died.

Closing the bedroom door behind me, I make my way downstairs with Army and Rebel following behind me. I turn right at the bottom of the staircase and turn down the hall coming out into the bar behind Taz's booth. When we enter the bar, I can feel everyone's eyes on us. I try to ignore the stares and whistles, only focusing on the large wooden door that I've been summoned to. As we approach the church door, Army quickly moves past me and knocks on the door grinning down at me.

"Come in" Bruce's deep voice bellows from the other side of the door.

Army opens the door for me and stands back so I can enter the room. I walk inside and freeze as I feel all their eyes are on me. My eyes immediately lock on Dawson's across from me on the other side of the table. He is leaning back in a large, black leather desk chair, staring at me, with his mouth slightly open. I can't help the fire that he ignites in my core at the way he's looking at me.

"You wanted me, Dawson." My voice is low from the nerves I feel with everyone's eyes on me, but I can't help but to tease him – fuck, I love having my old self back. I probably should have called him Nitro but I'm the only one allowed to call him by his real name, and I'm going to fucking use it.

"Holy shit" I hear Spike say under his breath as Dawson slaps him across the chest, without taking his eyes off me.

"Yes, Little One. Come here." Dawson says, pushing himself back from the table.

I hear Army close the door behind me as I walk further into the room. Dawson keeps his eyes on me as I walk around the large mahogany table towards him. He turns to face me, and gently pats his thigh gesturing for me to sit.

Sliding my arm around his shoulder, I sit down gently on his lap, placing my legs between his. I instantly feel his hard cock beneath me as he slips his arm around my waist and pulls me close to him before placing a kiss on my cheek. I blush and close my eyes at his touch on my skin.